International Members For our members outside of the USA

New drag strip in the Middle East

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock_bigblock
really americans i didnt though that you are closed minded people looks like you know nothing , posts tels me that you dont have any kind of knowledge about middleeast but i dont blame you i blame your wrong sources that you got this info from T.V , news.... etc , i am in northcarolina and i have been back in christmas to saudiarabia and i went to bahrain swear god that they are going into the right way and as a first time doing this reaching 8.6 seconds in a 74 camaro with a full weight is great we did a thing that you couldnt do in the first time guys. i am very sorry to say that to you guys . and to give you some info also in short words this is isnt the first track we got 1 in kwait from the mid 80s and another one in united arab emirates we had alot of 7 and 8s cars . and just to metion for u that most of these cars are local mechanical work we just order the parts. e.g my friend own a 2003 holden commodore ls1 with long tube headers , ramair , free modes , nitto555 , full 2600 kg weight , 3.08 ratio and a hp tuners programed by a saudi guy and (that is a really smart guy he programed the car maffless) bought the car with a pass of 12.87 and thats what i call great. we in gulf area had all that cars u have here in the states camaros , cobras , gt , skyline(which u dont got) firebirds ...etc u could see these cars tooooo much.and there are few americans who joined there and who works for saudi aramaco comp.(just to mention)
What the hell was that?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

Quick question, do they run a true 1/4 mile (1320') or do they run a metric distance? A 1/4 mile would be close to 402 meters. Do they run a 1/4 Kilometer (250 meters)?

If I half *** understand what prostock_bigblock is trying to say, they have a ton of 7 and 8 second cars out there. I know there are a bunch of people in the middle east have a **** load of disposable income, but prostock_bigblock makes it seem like every other car is running 7's and 8's.

?????
Old 02-03-2005, 03:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
Quick question, do they run a true 1/4 mile (1320') or do they run a metric distance? A 1/4 mile would be close to 402 meters. Do they run a 1/4 Kilometer (250 meters)?

If I half *** understand what prostock_bigblock is trying to say, they have a ton of 7 and 8 second cars out there. I know there are a bunch of people in the middle east have a **** load of disposable income, but prostock_bigblock makes it seem like every other car is running 7's and 8's.

?????
to answer ur question up its a true quarter mile not a quarter kilometer... there are alot of 8 and 7 second cars around the Gulf but obviously not as many as some like to make out to be
Old 02-03-2005, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Haahahahah money talks man , ya i am sure about what i am talking about (i ment a 1\4 MILE 402meters , and what i like to mention , dragracing in gulf area is kind of old sport there , it started in mid 70s , and i no a lot of people focused their interests in 1 thing dragracing . so dont be confused man people there wants to enjoy their lives , and forget the damn influenced politics on them . in these countries you could find the worst traffic , everybody is speeding ,in weekends you can see a burnout in front of the traffic light you are in , also you could see ss v.s cobra in the other side of the street , racers are 24 hours in front of the enternet watching you guys in the U.S , and when i talk about 7 and 8s cars mostly you could find them in kuwait . PLLZZ guys i dont mean to say any wrong thing about you , because i live in the states and i am a part of this tremendous community and i dont want to see my second country U.S.A community no nothing about the other side of the world . thats my point guys..

thanks.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

there are a couple of 7 and 8s cars in the gulf ,e.g in Saudiarabia i saw with my own eyes a 89 gt mustang with 632 ci chevy , and i saw on the heads the name and the signuture of BAT MOUSI (engine builder in U.S)on them , that car ran a 8 second. In United Arab of Emirates alot of Skylines reached the 9 and 8s and when i mean alot i really mean it . in kuwait i saw a stingray running a 7.89 . Why you are disapointed guys !??!?! arent you happy that some people try to do what you are doing?? there are no difference between you and them guys they could do more sometimes bcause of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .
Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

i wish i made it clear guys ,,,,,

if not i am ready always for answers seee ya
Old 02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Teching In

I got some pics too...

Thanks Nos....
Attached Thumbnails New drag strip in the Middle East-gto.jpg  
Old 02-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Teching In

i wish i made it clear guys ,,,,,

if not i am ready always for answers seee ya

I'm sure you are bro.....
Old 02-03-2005, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

there are a couple of 7 and 8s cars in the gulf ,e.g in Saudiarabia i saw with my own eyes a 89 gt mustang with 632 ci chevy , and i saw on the heads the name and the signuture of BAT MOUSI (engine builder in U.S)on them , that car ran a 8 second. In United Arab of Emirates alot of Skylines reached the 9 and 8s and when i mean alot i really mean it . in kuwait i saw a stingray running a 7.89 . Why you are disapointed guys !??!?! arent you happy that some people try to do what you are doing?? there are no difference between you and them guys they could do more sometimes bcause of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .
Tanks for sticking up for us prostock_bigblock

That mustang was transformed in the kingdom of Bahrain by a local mechanic

And for the 7 and 8 cars ............................well we have one low 6 sec car

And that a former pat mousI car should go lower because of the see level thing

Most Americans think that wee hate them ...........well my first car was a 2door 1979
Full size chevy which was stock till I started with the car thing till it died 7 years ago with 4 blown pistons it had a 360 ci chevy with brodix track 1 heeds tunnel ram
2 stage N.O.S trans break 3500 stall 4.56 in the back, then a bought a 1966 mustang
From Austin TX Which was restored to original spec and it was a show winner
My dally car was a 1987 full size with a tweaked 4.3L V6 and last a 98 Z28
Old 02-04-2005, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

wow.. thats pretty cool i guess.. where exactly is this in the middle east that ya'll are talking about?

surely not iraq?!!? jw, b/c there is a lot of turmoil or "people not liking other groups of people over there", and that is with or without the presence of americans..

in the middle east it seems u have a lot of poorer ppl and then a few lucky rich ppl.. but it would seem with all the outbreaks of fighting ect that take place, and with ya'lls less then democratic governments it would be hard to get a track built ect! so congrats on racing cars over there.. maybe more ppl will do that in iraq and take that up instead of crashing cars with bombs strapped to them into our tanks and hummers.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:24 AM
Teching In

life in the ME is different from what u see on TV and in Newspapers.

"you cant judge a book by its cover"
Old 02-04-2005, 03:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
wow.. thats pretty cool i guess.. where exactly is this in the middle east that ya'll are talking about?
Kingdom of Bahrain

there is a lot of turmoil or "people not liking other groups of people over there"
and that is different in the US?? i dont think so ...

in the middle east it seems u have a lot of poorer ppl and then a few lucky rich ppl.. but it would seem with all the outbreaks of fighting ect that take place, and with ya'lls less then democratic governments it would be hard to get a track built ect! so congrats on racing cars over there.. maybe more ppl will do that in iraq and take that up instead of crashing cars with bombs strapped to them into our tanks and hummers.
maybe ur tanks and hummers shouldnt have been there in the first place.

and if u want more info about our track (BIC) ... check out www.bahraingp.com
Old 02-04-2005, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This used to be a nice thread.

Daren
Old 02-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Still is Gizmo, just to clear out the hatred that some have somehow...lets all get back to the topic..

btw guys this site rocks
Old 02-04-2005, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

.....and when i talk about 7 and 8s cars mostly you could find them in kuwait . PLLZZ guys i dont mean to say any wrong thing about you , because i live in the states and i am a part of this tremendous community and i dont want to see my second country U.S.A community no nothing about the other side of the world . thats my point guys..

thanks.
I can believe they have some fast cars in kuwait. A friend of mine spend the last month of his middle east tour in kuwait and was telling me those people have nothing but money. Nice cars, trucks, ATV's, bikes, you name it.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Teching In

I can believe they have some fast cars in kuwait. A friend of mine spend the last month of his middle east tour in kuwait and was telling me those people have nothing but money. Nice cars, trucks, ATV's, bikes, you name it.
indeed,,, Kuwait is a diffrent story those guys can take long term loans so they just buy a car and start modify it till GOD knows when.....

but here in Bahrain emagine or not, we dont even have one dyno.. ( but a friend of mine just orderd one and it's on its way to Bahrain )

so most of the cars in Bahrain were not dyno tested and..to tell ya the truth there doing pretty well...
Old 02-04-2005, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black LT1
but here in Bahrain emagine or not, we dont even have one dyno.. ( but a friend of mine just orderd one and it's on its way to Bahrain )

so most of the cars in Bahrain were not dyno tested and..to tell ya the truth there doing pretty well...
LOL sounds like my car. My car was tuned on an OLD Clayton Water Eddie dyno that really didn't read horsepower or torque. Just used to check A/F. My car has never been on a dyno jet. I still don't have any kind of dyno numbers.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What the hell was that?
A mindless, crazy rant, including a tired stab at America; all of no relevance to this thread whatsoever.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black LT1
Still is Gizmo, just to clear out the hatred that some have somehow...lets all get back to the topic..
I think that hatred is probably too strong of a word. Lack of understanding on both sides is the real culprit.

I really enjoy seeing drag racing in other parts of the World. I plan to race in Europe on my 40th birthday. Peurto Rico is also in the planning stages. And now I've heard about drag racing in the Middle East!

Take Care,

Daren
Old 02-05-2005, 12:18 AM
12 Second Club

guys guys , plzz let make everything clear to you one more time , middleeast and ecpicially gulf area is not that bad as you think here in the states , Americans , i live here in the states , The American community and people in general are very kind ,people there in middleeast have more knowledge about you guys they know alot about you , your way of life , your country rules ...etc everything .
The big problem that u know nothing about them i can just hear that now from you guys , we have alot of people who are highly education e.g : most of my family members are boston and texas Am graduates , iraq is a another thing .
Your main big and serious problem here in the states guys is your media and information , your media is giving you a wrong info for politics reasons (i dont care about politics) ,but this is really a problem , because you have a wrong thoughts about us , in the states every useful info for the U.S people are blocked , News are completly different from there , there you can see the world very clearly with your own eyes , that was some american opinions who i am known with them , gulf area guys is another thing and iraq is another thing .
That is fact from your posts that you know nothing , so try to knowledge you selfs guys if you are interested . i am very sorry guys to say all that but pllz read , do anything i am very confused you know nothing , be open minded guys!!!!
You say guys that gulf have no money!!! do you know that only Saudiarabia own 11.4 % from your economy !!!! . Sorry to mention all these facts but you let me crazy guys

Quick Reply: New drag strip in the Middle East