Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Noob with 6.0 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob with 6.0 GTO

Well just a little about myself, I'm 19 years old and I attend West Virginia University majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I just STOLE an 06 Pontiac GTO from a friends dad's dealership for 17 grand. It is torred with a red interior and factory 18's with only 10K MILES! I've been looking for something to upgrade from my 96 Monte Carlo Z34 for about 6 months now and finally found a deal that I could NOT pass up. I'll include some pics and hopefully i do it the right way but forgive me cause i'm a noob to the forum. I hope everyone knows that daddy did not pay for this car, and I worked my *** off to afford this thing, so with that said, I hope I am welcomed to the forum in a kind manor

Thanks,
Justin
Old 10-26-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

welcome to the site. be prepared for the verbal assault you're gonna get. It won't be anything personal, just some of us might be jealous that a 19 y.o. "kidd" has a car like yours all kidding aside, me and a bunch of my really good friends started out just like you. FWD sucked; we worked hard, got the car we always wanted, now we all play hard with our F-bods and GTOs!

This forum is gonna be the best site to ask all sorts of questions/suggestions about your car.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 PM

Thanks man, I figured i'd get bitched at pretty good, but i'm not gonna worry about it because I know i worked hard to get it and i thank god for letting me come accross a deal this nice. Thanks for the welcome though!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Beautiful. Hope the hood was open on the first pic cause it wasn't lined up. Good find for a good price. Take care of it.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

HAHA im only 20 i work my *** off as well for my car, its in my sig. Welcome to the site. Anything you want to find out about your car is on this site.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice, same combo as ours, except for the M6....17K is a steal compared to what we paid new!

welcome aboard!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride! First thing I would do is magnaflow and good set of headers! I watched a guy today at the track had some kind of air intake and cat back drag radials ran solid 12.8s. Just spend the money and do it right. I hope you get to keep it in that garage you have the picture in! Think in 45 years it will be worht $100k!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

damn I visit my buddy in WVU all the time and I would NOT drive that thing up there, the roads ******* suck. He drives a 96 Mystic Cobra and it's gotten quite a few scratches from just sitting behind the liquor store.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 PM

Geeze guys thanks for all the compliments! Yes the hood was popped in the first pic, and turbowhistle, hows your GN run?? My dad is building an 87 right now with a stage 1 block and is shooting for high 9's and daily driveability...sickkk cars. 1fstls1, tell me about it, haha it does not take much to get these cars to run...i've seen 12's on DR's and a tune alone Humannipple, I'm just a freshman this year so I'm living on campus and have no need to have it down here, but i'm thinking about just leaving it at home until at least next year cause these roads are hard as hell on the cars here. I havn't seen a mystic cobra around but i'll have to keep my eyes pealed..there are 2 other 6.0 gto's running around though, i might have to catch up to them and see if there on this site.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

could it be any brighter? lol it looks clean
Old 10-27-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice car and good deal on it too. Welcome to the site!

Originally Posted by 6point0Gto
I'm just a freshman this year so I'm living on campus and have no need to have it down here, but i'm thinking about just leaving it at home until at least next year cause these roads are hard as hell on the cars here.
You just bought this car but you don't plan on keeping it with you? The roads/weather can't be that bad there can it? I would have to keep it with me and drive it everyday that I could!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

fine i will do it!

YOUR CAR SUCKS AND IT IS SLOW.......

now that it is out of the way, when do the mods start....
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 AM

wht01ws6ta...If i keep the car at home, it gets a garage, and if i keep the car here..it gets to sit out all through the winter, and i wont be driving it anyways. The reason i bought the car now is because I couldn't pass up the amazing deal that i got it for. CABRO, thank you for the kind words... anyways, the mods will start as soon as I get enough money to start getting things going. First off will probably be exhaust or diablosport...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
Very nice car and good deal on it too. Welcome to the site!

You just bought this car but you don't plan on keeping it with you? The roads/weather can't be that bad there can it? I would have to keep it with me and drive it everyday that I could!
The roads in WVU really are that bad...it's absolutely stupid how crappy the roads are. Supposedly they are some of the worst in the country according to some surveys. WVU kicks *** but man there are alot of drunks wondering the streets 24/7 so cars can take a beating there. He just needs somewhere that it can be off the street if he takes the beauty with him.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is daddy paying for school?
If so, then yes he sorta is paying for the ride.
Now that I gave you a little **** because I'm jealous as ****, welcome to the site man.
Nice color, and with a little bit of money that car will be a monster.
Relocate that IAT stat.
Enjoy it and be safe out there.
-Matt
Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

dude why not a stick?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OneBadLS
dude why not a stick?
why does it have to be a stick.. ive always been told autos win races, 5-6 speeds impress highschool girls and boys
Old 10-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Hello and welcome. There are quite a few of us (GTO) owners in the Mid Atlantic area.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Mattxfatal, caught me on that one haha, thanks for the welcome though. OnebadLS...it would have been if I'd have found one like this for the same price, but this is 6 grand cheaper then any I have seen with this kind of mileage and year. Ws6calledsadie, your exactly right, i'm going to be racing the car at the local flashlight drags which is 8th mile drag racing, and auto's truely do win races because you pretty much can't mess up like you could with a stick.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Welcome to the site!
stop hating on n00bs, you n00bs.