Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

the biggest camaro fan you will ever meet

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the biggest camaro fan you will ever meet

Whats up everyone my names Ryan, my buds call me roids lol. I've dreamed of camaros (and TA's) ever since I was about 4 (when the new 93's came out). I have an obsession with cars, especially f-bodies. Camaros are pretty much my motivation for life, as stupid as it sounds, hopefully there are people on here that understand my love for them. Anyways Im a freshman in college now, and I really cant wait any longer to get one. I currently drive a 2000 Impala which has 210,000 miles on it and running like the day it left the showroom. I love my baby, but I need rear wheel drive and 8 cylinders of pure American fury lol. And I'm hoping someone reads this post that has gone through what Im going through now. I have a good job making about 200/wk, and its time to get a camaro. The only thing im trying to decide is whether to get an LT1 or get one of the newer ones with the LS1. My dilemma is that it would be a stretch paying for full coverage insurance, which is probably needed if I was to go the LS1 direction. But if i go with an LT1, I could pay it off alot quicker and probably wouldnt get full coverage, being an older car. So Im wondering what you guys think, or any suggestions/advice you have regarding this. Im also looking to have a low maintenance car so I wont have to make too many repairs, being in college. I dont plan on modding it much until I graduate either. All suggestions are welcome...and I plan on being an avid member on this site for a long time lol...Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 06:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

well you make more money than me lol so I can understand your obsession and delema. I love the look of LT1 cars and if thats your passion then you should stick to it. If you love the LS1 look as well then def def def get it no matter what . If you want good power and a huge aftermarket then LS1. If you love the look and feel/sound of LT1s and are willing to get deeper into the mods to make them run like raped apes then go for it. Also I don't know if its an issues for you to get a loan on a older car as well. I couldn't. I say go LS1 all the way, they are the best bang for your buck. I went thru the options and everything and I still can afford my Camaro at the end of the month.

oh and about the not modding part... YEAH RIGHT lol thats what I said. Now 2-3 months in i'm looking at a cam. I'm not a power hungry girl either.. I came from a v6 to LS1. You can never have enough, believe me

welcome!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 AM

Hell I got the mod bug with a V6 Impala, so yeah youre probably right...but I'd have to get a co-signer for a loan, b/c i have never used a credit card. I'd only have to take a small loan, but Im pretty sure taking an automotive loan requires you to get full coverage.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

^ yeah pretty much. My mother got me there, but the insurance on the car isn't that bad untill you get into special edition cars (SS costs more to insure basically... at least for me D: ) but its livable and well from what you say about modding the v6 then get the LS1
Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 AM

decisions decisions....
Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tapout1016
Hell I got the mod bug with a V6 Impala, so yeah youre probably right...but I'd have to get a co-signer for a loan, b/c i have never used a credit card. I'd only have to take a small loan, but Im pretty sure taking an automotive loan requires you to get full coverage.
Hmm your not to far away from me, i'd get an lt1 look for a six speed(just my preference). I was able to afford my 93 lt1 six speed cause i looked around considered my options an for 2500 it was a deal. I've probably invested close to $1000 in basic maintenance an repairs. I'm out of work now though
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 AM

Yeah I was leaning toward an LT1 w/ M6 because of the cost factor. But I really dont want to deal with too many repairs, such as the optispark ordeal...
Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey i understand your obsession im the same age and i lose sleep thinkin about wat im gonna do next it runs in my family my dad had a 79 i hav a 95 and my brother a 91 and my dads lookin for a 70 all camaros. and for ur delema an lt1 6 speed is amazing (wat i hav) but the lt1 does need some work every once in awhile so id say go ls1 if u dont want many bothers
Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can afford it go with the ls1 camaro/t/a ws6.If you can't get the Lt1.It's all about what make's you happy.Get the one you want.Thats my advice.
Welcome to the site by the way.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would of gone for an LS1 but my LT1 landed right at my feet and it was true love. i love my camaro! and no mods ? lmao! we all say that. ive had the car for less then a year and ive dumped quite afew pennies into her. but idc. its a labor of love and im with it 100% even tho i may be broke *** at times welcome to the site! and my advice is do what you want
Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 AM

still lookin and tryin to decide 93-97 or 98-02.....but i figure now is the perfect time to get one, having just broke up with a girlfriend. So now i can put my money into my car and not these damn females....
Old 12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly i love the LT1 body but wish they came with the LS1 engine.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

still lookin and tryin to decide 93-97 or 98-02.....but i figure now is the perfect time to get one, having just broke up with a girlfriend. So now i can put my money into my car and not these damn females....
LOL my boyfriend doesn't spend any money on me

yes now is a VERY good time.. with the economy else no one is buying!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

DAMN! I guess I'm not the only one. This might sound kinda bad but it's the truth... I just broke up with my girl so I could save money to put into my car. I felt pretty bad about it. But hey it'll be alright! Lol.

I feel you about the V6. The car I previously had was a Mitsubishi 3000GT V6 and wow after getting rid of it and having my TA it makes me sick just thinking about going back down to a 6.

And yeah If I was you definetly go LS1 if you can. Honestly I do like the LT1 Camaro's body style a little better but I own and 99' Trans Am (LS1) and after driving my buddy's LT1 Camaro I really liked my LS1 much more. But do what YOU want. Dont do something you'll regret.

Last edited by JayBee; 12-05-2008 at 06:23 PM.