Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Cheers from Chicagoland.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheers from Chicagoland.

How's it goin' everybody?

Recently picked up a cherry F-Body (2000 Firebird Formula "2" according to the insurance company). And I've been rebuilding a '69 Firebird for the past 3 years or so. It's nearing completion.

The Formula has a few issues that are getting worked on. A weird grind while braking, and occasionally turning. The tranny seems to act like it needs a rebuild in the near future, but I wasn't expecting too much of a gem with 92K on it.
I have tight emmits around here, so I'm unsure what I'm going to do exhaust wise. I'll probably end up getting a QTP and just call it even for now. The EPA can get a horse crotch in the mouth.
I've been reading a lot of the posts, and this forum seems to be quite helpful.
I'm looking forward to talkin' with the lot of ya.

Cheers.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome to the site man.

I have been on countless forums for several different platforms, and this is by far the best I have encountered. You'll find everything you need here.

Where in Chicagoland are you from? I'm in Crown Point, Indiana.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 PM

Thanks.

Back when I was with a Mustang GT, I was over in their forums, and that was like trying to act for directions in the city, so I know what you mean.
Southwest burbs, A.K.A. Westmont. You're south of Gary, right? I was passing thru that area not too long ago in search of a mid 80's Monte Carlo. I found one that the guy SAID I would be able to drive home. I get there and it won't even turn over. According to him, it ran LAST SPRING when he LAST started it. Moron.
But I'm glad things worked out the way they did with the 'Bird. My family is known for the Pontiac's in the driveway. I think they owned 2 '79's, an '80, and an '81. Boy are they regretting letting those go for how much they did.

Are there any good LS1 shops around this area? I know of Speed Inc. in Shaumburg, I believe?

-Sean
Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Whats up man!?! im out in Genvea!
And your sn, does that have to do with the band White Chapel???
Old 02-09-2009, 12:54 AM

****, man. Not too far from here.. I'm all around these areas all the time. So let me know if you see a black Firebird doin' a $1.10 on the freeway.

Yes, sir, it does.

All hail the Chapel.