Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Howdy boys! Ford Guy Here! Convert me!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Howdy boys! Ford Guy Here! Convert me!

Hows THAT for a title??

Seriously..... I've been a fan of the Vette and GTO for a long time. Sorry F-Body guys, I'm a Mustang nut and there are some things we just can't get over.

I just signed up for this forum to educate myself and try to get info for my latest project (well, my BOSS's). Its a '67 Camaro with a GM Racing LS1 Kit. I guess its a crate motor kit that the guy bolted into the car and sold it to my boss. Nice car for sure but needs finishing.

As for me, My name is Chuck and I've been an ASE Master tech for 25 years or so. I'm working at a place in Bartlett Illinois called Royal Coach. http://www.royalcoach.com
We're a body shop with a full service mechanical shop as well. I'm certified by ASE, but I've taken tons and tons of classes, mostly in the aftermarket world.

I did work for a dealership for a time in the late 90's. It was a Lamborghini and Lotus dealer and I've had factory training on both those car lines.

Like I said, I'm mostly a Ford guy and have an '84 Mustang Hatchback with a 473" big block that hopefully will be at least running this summer. Its a long LONG term project. Been at it for about 7 years now.

I don't want to ask here, I'll find the appropriate section to ask my questions in.

Just kidding about the F-Body stuff..... a kid I work with has a Firebird with an award winning (won World of Wheels Chicago for his age bracket) paint job. Another kid I work with HAD an '04 or 05 GTO and my boss currently has 2 Z06 Vettes and his kid has a Z06 and a Trailblazer SS... I'm surrounded by these things.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope I'm not too much of a bother in the future.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it from a former Ford guy...If your asking for a conversion then you already know the best way to go!..
Welcome!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why convert? The LSX is practically a ford design. If you convert it to a distributor kit it will use a Ford distributor in the front like most Fords. Heads look kinda familiar too right?

hahaha just saying...

Welcome