Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Owensboro KY

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhdenney
Good I think. I hope to get my turbo car running by mid spring. Then Greg can have it. Hopefully he's up on BS3.
He will be ready,what else do you like? Are you ready for the Rod Run next weekend?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Speedy Dyno
He will be ready,what else do you like? Are you ready for the Rod Run next weekend?
Well I still need to fab the pipes and ultimately, make it run. Money and time mostly! I am not quite ready for the Rod Run, I need to make a beer list.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

LOL im from ky to!! welcome
Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
LOL im from ky to!! welcome
I wish I was getting more head.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speedy Dyno
Come on by. We are doing HP tuners now. You should come check us out on April 25th we are having a Dyno Day and it should be a fun!! There will be all kind of cars here and we will be grilling through out the day.
I hope you all have had your dyno re-calibrated in the last little while. There were a slew of cars getting hero dyno numbers from Speedys over the last couple summers or so. Then they would get a race lined up and get beat by a car making a considerable amount less hp and think the other guy was lying.

I saw a Mustang that dyno'd 447rwhp over there run 13.2@111 at Beech Bend this weekend. That's more in the range of 340ish rw. He also got beat by a car that dyno'd 367rw on the street from a roll a summer or so ago.

That's only one example, there's been a LOT more. Bottom line is, maybe the mustang crowd you've been catering to doesn't mind false readings cause they can brag about big numbers that are total BS, but here in the LSx world, people will see right through that garbage. We want ACCURATE numbers, not digits from a fairy tail.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Damn Brian, Tell it like it is.

Im from hendo. Welcome to the boards.

Hey brian i dont know you personally but a few of my buddies do. Your car is sick. Evansvilles been getting packed with cars at sonic again nowadays. Mostly stangs but theres a few chevy guys creeping around. You shuold head up one weekend your not busy.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Driving FaSSt

Hey brian i dont know you personally but a few of my buddies do. Your car is sick. Evansvilles been getting packed with cars at sonic again nowadays. Mostly stangs but theres a few chevy guys creeping around. You shuold head up one weekend your not busy.
Lol, I'm pretty blunt at times. There has been a TON of drama based on the false numbers guys have been getting from there. The guy with the accurate numbers that are lower wins and now he's the liar and has hidden juice or something

Anyhow, thanks for the props. I get up that way every now and again. I'll shoot you a PM sometime this summer or fall and we'll get a few guys together.

/ thread high jack
Old 04-09-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
I hope you all have had your dyno re-calibrated in the last little while. There were a slew of cars getting hero dyno numbers from Speedys over the last couple summers or so. Then they would get a race lined up and get beat by a car making a considerable amount less hp and think the other guy was lying.

I saw a Mustang that dyno'd 447rwhp over there run 13.2@111 at Beech Bend this weekend. That's more in the range of 340ish rw. He also got beat by a car that dyno'd 367rw on the street from a roll a summer or so ago.

That's only one example, there's been a LOT more. Bottom line is, maybe the mustang crowd you've been catering to doesn't mind false readings cause they can brag about big numbers that are total BS, but here in the LSx world, people will see right through that garbage. We want ACCURATE numbers, not digits from a fairy tail.
My buddy's LT1 dynoed 450 there and he ran an 11.5 on drag radials.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Well im also a witness to the false numbers. I actually am the one who raced the guy when i made 367 and put two or three cars on him. Got the video on youtube also. There are many instances of this going on, dont know how it is now, maybe its right now but the numbers that thing use to spit out are garbage.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

welcome and check out kyhorsepower also. and stop fuging up her introduction guys. dyno's are a tuning tool. where i live we dont race dyno's
Old 04-10-2009, 03:33 PM
9 Second Club

Really, every time I drive by there all I see is import cars and nobody ever wants a good race. Only good race I have gotten was a guy in new viper last year. Things may have changed though! May have to start heading back out there on weekends.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z06kern
Really, every time I drive by there all I see is import cars and nobody ever wants a good race. Only good race I have gotten was a guy in new viper last year. Things may have changed though! May have to start heading back out there on weekends.
was the viper charcoal?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
welcome and check out kyhorsepower also. and stop fuging up her introduction guys. dyno's are a tuning tool. where i live we dont race dyno's
And when I buy a torque wrench, and I set it to 50ft lbs, I want 50ft lbs, not 60, not 75.

They ARE tools, and there will be some variance from dyno to dyno, but not as much as we've seen.

There was a car I know of that was suppose to dyno 690rw at Speedys, and on another "accurate" dyno, it's best pull was 595. Explain that. There's just too many instances to call it coincidence.

The summer of 05 the dyno was reading correctly IMO, cause my buddy dyno'd his old stang there and on another dyno and the numbers were VERY close. Since then I don't know what has happened, but the numbers are un-realistic.

At any rate, I welcome the people from over there to the site.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome from WV
Old 04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
was the viper charcoal?
No, it was an off orange color. Beautiful car, have not seen it since.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

You have to go to the far sonic on Green River Rd down past the new IMAX. THe one next to Walgreens is the imports hang out. THe big boys hang out at the far one. Theres a few LS1's and a Trailblazer SS. But like I said its mostly Fox Bodies and New Edge Mustangs. All I have to say is watch out for the Charcoal Supra its plain nasty.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:44 AM
9 Second Club

You have to go to the far sonic on Green River Rd down past the new IMAX. THe one next to Walgreens is the imports hang out. THe big boys hang out at the far one. Theres a few LS1's and a Trailblazer SS. But like I said its mostly Fox Bodies and New Edge Mustangs. All I have to say is watch out for the Charcoal Supra its plain nasty.
Yep, thats the one I used to hang out at. The guy with the Supra is a buddy of mine. I just talked to him the other day about going out there sometime.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep, thats the one I used to hang out at. The guy with the Supra is a buddy of mine. I just talked to him the other day about going out there sometime.
HAHA! One the guys i used to work with at the toyota dealership worked on that car (we believe its the same one) and said it was wicked. HE got on it once and spun it around in the street lol!

Anyways, welcome to the site. I may have to come by for the dyno day

Derek
Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i plan on being there the 25th. gonna see what the superflow says compared to a mustang dyno. zo6 kern is your c5 black on spray? i have in the las year join the lsx crowd and looking for some non ricer or highschool age guys to hang out with.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome

Quick Reply: New from Owensboro KY