Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Which F-Body To Get??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

How bout a 30th anniversary Ws6? 6 speed......mines for sale. PM me if your interested.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im goin to disconnect my cable and just read hijacked threads on tech from now on this is some funny ****...popcorn anyone???
Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
for sure get a t/a . which looks meaner driving towards you? camaro or t/a......exactly
camaro..............

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Wow, for all the people talking about grammar on here, they sure do use a lot of "...s". I don't believe that using "..." is correct but whatever lol. I'd say go with the T/A over the Camaro... but that's just me .

i dont make fun of anyones grammer.. therefore i can........ all i want!

Originally Posted by 00delbz
Im goin to disconnect my cable and just read hijacked threads on tech from now on this is some funny ****...popcorn anyone???

hijacked threads are the best ones..
Old 08-19-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just my opinion and what Ive seen in the last 15 years of Fbodys and I have owned 2 LT1 cars and 2 LS1 cars so here goes. I would lean more toward a 6 speed manual shift, ALOT FUNNER to drive and pulls hard up on top end and Ive never been much on auto cars but the auto cars come out of the hole faster (hole shot) but 3rd and 4th gear gets them in the stick cars 9/10 LOL with really close to equall mods. The only way I would want a auto car is if I was TURBO CHARGE IT and was going to make massive amounts of power 600++, it would be real hard to shift a standard shift car fast enough but the gear would have to be 3.42 or higher. I went with 12 bolt but like someone said 9 inch are great rear ends, super strong, and alot easier to change gears but I just wanted to stay GM. And as far as Camaro or Trans Am I like the Camaro's there a little lighter and the interier are laid out better and the seats set more comfortable and alot of people (most) have problem with the pop up head lights. Good Luck on the decision and HAVE A NICE DAY.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Teching In

I almost feel like responding [again] to radcannon's last post edit because its so funny watching him get worked up.

ben
Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evans752
This is just my opinion and what Ive seen in the last 15 years of Fbodys and I have owned 2 LT1 cars and 2 LS1 cars so here goes. I would lean more toward a 6 speed manual shift, ALOT FUNNER to drive and pulls hard up on top end and Ive never been much on auto cars but the auto cars come out of the hole faster (hole shot) but 3rd and 4th gear gets them in the stick cars 9/10 LOL with really close to equall mods. The only way I would want a auto car is if I was TURBO CHARGE IT and was going to make massive amounts of power 600++, it would be real hard to shift a standard shift car fast enough but the gear would have to be 3.42 or higher. I went with 12 bolt but like someone said 9 inch are great rear ends, super strong, and alot easier to change gears but I just wanted to stay GM. And as far as Camaro or Trans Am I like the Camaro's there a little lighter and the interier are laid out better and the seats set more comfortable and alot of people (most) have problem with the pop up head lights. Good Luck on the decision and HAVE A NICE DAY.
So are you saying that the camaro seats are more comfortable than the T/As? If so I disagree whole-heartedly. Also as for the camaro being lighter, it would depend on options. Cosmetically the T/A is more agressive and for sure the headlights can be a pain sometimes, but nothing not worth fixing imo (IF they break). As far as auto vs. m6, I've had both and equal fun in both of them, for slightly different reasons however. The A4 is great for when you are tired of stop and go traffic (daily drivers etc) and also with a stall I'm sure some would change their opinions quickly of what "fun" is lol.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

camaro?http://www.puredominance.net/showthread.php?t=382 <(mods) http://www.puredominance.net/showthread.php?t=1642
or ws6? http://www.puredominance.net/showthread.php?t=1760
^I love red!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Pop up head lights = PITMFA. I hate them. I unplug mine and just screw them up and down when I need them. I had a few that stripped the gear completely and I had to tape a piece of plastic to bumper just to keep the headlight up.

Not to mention the conversion kit is a grand to have the non pop up style. They look sick but a grand.

If weights an issue find a formula. I don't think they look as good except for the front fascia.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Firebirds/TAs never look as good as Camaros, though
Old 08-20-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Radcannon
13 posts huh. What university did you graduate from? with what degree?? common man are you serious
Wait a minute Mr LS1 master. Are you questioning him because of his post count? Im sure that you had 13 before, be it all in one thread that no one else responded to, but still you get the picture. You are proving yourself to be quite the moron. even moreso than a few of the others that are just as ignorant as you are. they will not listen to proof either, or reason.

when you are proven wrong, act like a 19 yo or a 92 yo, grow some ***** and stop posting like a moron. you really MUST be 92, because no matter what someone has or does, you have been there, done it better, ran it harder, swapped it cleaner than anyone else in the land.

im guessing the next few posts will be about how you got where you are because you know things and blah blah. tell us your real name so we can search this elusive engineering school that you are PAID to attend at the tender age of 19 as a senior and then maybe you will get a 1/3 of a point of cred.

ive said it before and ill say it again. I put more thought into pushing turds into the toilet than you put into all of your entire post count.

Mr engineer can you tell me why turds are tapered at the end?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

i have had a bit of both 2 a4's and now a m6 I like the T/A body the best but that my opinion and right now im in the middle of converting from m6 to a3 I'm tired of changing clutches and everything like that
Old 08-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Cant we all just get along??

Camaro's have the name. Nothing like a Chevy.
Trans Am's are mean looking. Pontiac is extinct.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Radcannon
Pop up head lights = PITMFA. I hate them. I unplug mine and just screw them up and down when I need them. I had a few that stripped the gear completely and I had to tape a piece of plastic to bumper just to keep the headlight up.

Not to mention the conversion kit is a grand to have the non pop up style. They look sick but a grand.

If weights an issue find a formula. I don't think they look as good except for the front fascia.
I just replaced the pass. side motor, not cheap and not easy to find here. You COULD just pull the fuses for the headlamp motors while in the up position. That way they stay up and you don't have to crank 'em all the time. For me though, they are one of the "must haves" on a bird and I will fix them as many times as I have to. Once you replace the plastic gear (after it breaks) with the metal one you're good to go anyways. I'd never own a bird without pop ups since to me they are the cat's ***. Also, the biggest mistake from the C5 to the C6 was the ommision of pop-ups imo.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Pop them up and unplug them.

Thats what I do.. stupid motors in there suck.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Anyone see the Panthers-Giants game tonight? Should be a good season for the Giants even with the roster changes..
GO AZ CARDINALS!

hehe.

i say go with whichever vehicle makes you happy. drive a few before you choose and give it some thought.

myself, i've always liked the looks of the camaro better, but that's personal preference.
i had an 97 z28, running an LT1, loved the sound of that one better still than the LS1 but now that i have an LS1.. i wish i had gotten one in the first place..

Last edited by JackArse32; 08-21-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: forgot i had more to add.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

M6/SS or Z28/Hardtop

Only way to go
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
my god... i only read maybe 1-2 replies... lost count because 1 reply was as long as 20 normal replies..
not to mention all the GARBAGE that was posted in them.. he got OWNED!
i wouldnt have even started with him if i would have known all his posts were that outlandish.. i thought for a second he had a slight bit of knowledge... that came to an abrupt halt..

damn jon, maybe you arent so bad.. this could be fun!

SO, Redcannon...... tell us what your thoughts are on manifolds/headers and gears on a stock block bolt on (intake, lid, internally stock) ls1s..
I can't read any more of this right now. I'm laughing so hard I'm gonna wake everyone.