Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally Got my LT-1

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice LT man. That car would definately stand out more if you happen to throw in some limo tints and Paint the rims Flat Black. =)
Old 10-19-2009, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice find! I remember how juiced I was when I bought my first LT1. Take care of that thing!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the LT1 club! I own an LS1 car (my goat), but I have more fun in my LT1 Z. It gives you that more "seat of your pants" feeling! First thing you need to do is get some rims and lower control arms to help your launch. LCAs are a good, cheap, easy mod!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Did you break the LT1 yet? I keed I keed. No nice find and it sounds like the car is in good hands again. Now stroke that thing to a 383
Old 10-19-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Muscle Freak
Thanks for the responses! ive had alot of fun so far with the car, just did spark plugs and wires, WHAT A MOTHER-FER lol ! i think it could probably use an ignition upgrade, opti and all, but it runs ok for now. Also had to put a new radiator in, and backflush the heater core because it was clogged.
Went to re-wire the radio, found the 6x9's in the rear are missing.....
oh, and we're getting most, not all, of the scratches out with buffing compound and stuff.
Oh, and i dont think the neighbors have a choice haha
I have the same car, but no ttops. I want to say that year in the Camaro only has three speakers. I also had no 6x9's in the sail panels, just some kind of tar paper. Just the two door speakers and the bose speaker in the rear hatch area.
That green will grow on you, I can't seem to think about painting mine a different color.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

ok so its been a while since i had internet, we moved into a new house.
So i got a few new pics you guys. I found center caps for the 5 star wheels, hollowed the cat out, was clogged anyways, and had the ecu programmed. Got VHT niteshade on the front parking lights and taillights, also got chrome letters for the berger panel...Been buffing on some scratches, it's starting to look and run better. Also, apparently the last guy ran 87 octane in it...hmmmm would explain the initial hesitation issues, i have been using 93 and it is pretty straight now.
But thanks for all the good info, the LT1 sure does seem to run pretty good...uhm sideways in 2nd sometimes 3rd grabbin gears lol....enjoy the pics!
:-)

Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Muscle Freak
have not had the pleasure of an LS1 car yet, prolly never will. but yea, the LT1 and M6 seems just fine
if you want it bad enough you will get it....when i was 17 i bought a 95 v6 firebird for 2500 bucks, i now have an ls1 camaro m6, and i have never paid a dime more than that 2500, i just kept selling and trading up my cars im now 19 and on my 6th car......here i come c5 vette!!!!

i remember how happy i was when i got my first lt1, fun car
Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

shoulda got an ls1,tuners for lt1 are getting scarce out here in texas..dunno about where you at though...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

*update*

So alot has changed since my last post
I added a high flow air filter (from spectre, same flow as K&N half the price..), hollow cat, dynomax exhaust/
Working on a TB bypass, De-screening the MAF. Also need to do intake gaskets (leaked oil since day 1), and should do a water pump, cap & rotor and coil for good measure.
Also got rid of the C4 wheels for a nice set of C5's (know anyone who wants to donate centercaps? hahaha), added some VHT stuff, headlight covers and other Misc touches in and out.
Attached Thumbnails Finally Got my LT-1-af52.jpg   Finally Got my LT-1-0830101542a.jpg   Finally Got my LT-1-0824101602b.jpg   Finally Got my LT-1-0809101853a.jpg   Finally Got my LT-1-0817102101a.jpg  

Finally Got my LT-1-0902101501a.jpg  
Old 09-04-2010, 07:42 PM

Nice find bud! I just picked up a 94 formula for about 2,000 myself, black on black, it's an A4 but don't get it twisted that things got so much torque when i was playing with it the day I brought it home (bone stock) I easily had her walking to the left and had about as much traction as a train on icy rails (launch from idle, in Drive, just seeing what would happen) the 245's gotta go, 315's are where its at big guy. I love my little torque monster and im sure you will love yours!

Now if they only had the top end power of an Ls...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks man. The auto cars can still be pretty nasty. I like the manual cuz i like to drop the clutch now and then
Painted TB cover today, as well as center of plenum, the rusty brake booster, and i painted the MAF case when i had it apart for de-screen.
Also did a TB Bypass today.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

yes i know, its got some pitting. thats ok, its in the metal, and when i car painted i'm also getting a new TB cover. overall it still needs work, so the little imperfections are OK by me for now
Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

wow your car looks almost identical to mines. only i have tan leather an a a4. i even have the c5's but mine ar deep dish c5's.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6-spd LT1 cars... is there anything more fun to drive?! I love that low end grunt these cars have. BTW, I might sound like the first of many broken records, but put that MAF screen back in. Removing it throws the MAF's calibration off. I tried descreened MAFs as well as ported ones, but the stocker worked best. Descreening really killed throttle response off idle.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by malw_95z28
wow your car looks almost identical to mines. only i have tan leather an a a4. i even have the c5's but mine ar deep dish c5's.
A4's run good too Leather is awesome, i'll hafta settle for cloth this time around...

Originally Posted by Jeep_junkie
6-spd LT1 cars... is there anything more fun to drive?! I love that low end grunt these cars have. BTW, I might sound like the first of many broken records, but put that MAF screen back in. Removing it throws the MAF's calibration off. I tried descreened MAFs as well as ported ones, but the stocker worked best. Descreening really killed throttle response off idle.
yea the low end torque is just killer. As good as LS cars run, they seem to lack the neck snapping torque of the LT
I have heard mixed results with the MAF, and it seems to have helped my car. it runs much better
Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Please dont aggervate us all with your drag car.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pewterfbody
please dont aggervate us all with your drag car.
off topic much?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Went and picked up a Hooker muffler today.
what ya think?
took off my dynomax muffler, put a hooker aero chamber on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be_zZAasos0
Old 11-28-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think it sounds great but you need some WD40 on your door hinges

You may know now, but the Polo Green Metallic was one of the most common early 4th gen colors available. Having a black interior in a green car though, not common. Also, having a T56 was rare for any color.

Check out this site for information about colors.

http://sites.google.com/site/branget...olorproduction
www.mifbody.com is a michigan based fbody site that is mostly 4th gens, check it out.

I have a 96 Z28 M6 and love it.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
I think it sounds great but you need some WD40 on your door hinges
You may know now, but the Polo Green Metallic was one of the most common early 4th gen colors available. Having a black interior in a green car though, not common. Also, having a T56 was rare for any color.
Check out this site for information about colors.
http://sites.google.com/site/branget...olorproduction
www.mifbody.com is a michigan based fbody site that is mostly 4th gens, check it out.
I have a 96 Z28 M6 and love it.
Thats a cool website!Thanks for that, i set it to my bookmarks
So what you're saying is this shade of green was super popular, but to have the t tops, 6 speed, 2 tone interior was really rare for this color?