Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Picked up my first ls1

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my first ls1

Hey all, my names Sean, Im 24, live in Columbus Ohio and have been into cars/bikes my whole life. I have always drooled over ls1 camaros and t/a's and just yesterday finally got one... a 98 camaro for $2900. I have been looking for awhile and this was by far the cheapest and best deal I found, you guys think I did alright? The car does need some attention but I think thats to be expected at that price, but mechanically the thing is sound. Basically I was open to anything and just wanted the most horsepower for the $ and I think this was absolutley it! Or i could have gotten a older fox mustang for the same price and only approximatley ohhhhh 125 less hp!! haha Only bad thing bout it is is that its an auto, (Seems like the majority of these cars are unfortunaley!!!) but its a nice change I guess...plus it has some sort of shift kit on it that makes it shift real hard and fast. Anyways, I just sold a 95 cobra with all the major bolt ons and I really think this camaro the way it sits could walk all over my old cobra. All it has is an slp lid and magnaflow catback exhaust....that is for now Since I got the car so cheap, I am ready to dump some money into it, and Im very excited about having this as a project car over the winter. Hoping for at least 12's by next spring and I dont think its all too far off the way it sits right now. Im going to attempt to put up some pics, incase anyone on here hasnt seen a red camaro before lol the C4 wheels will be the first thing to go for sure
Attached Thumbnails Picked up my first ls1-001.jpg   Picked up my first ls1-002.jpg  
Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Forgot to add the camaro has 131K miles on her
Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

That's a pretty damn good deal I'd say. I got mine for 10k when it had 102k miles on it :bang. How many miles are on it? From the pics, it looks pretty good other than the C4 'Vette wheels (never seen them on an F-body). Oh and there's nothing wrong with an auto, especially a stalled one and many others will tell you the same thing. 12's are easily doable with just bolt-on's.

You should check out the Appearance and Detailing sub-forum on here for some tips on making it look it's best. If I were you, I'd start with the headlights - looks like they could use some restoring. Good luck with it and congrats with the purchase!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Damm...$2900??? Thats cheap for being that clean!!! Nice buy!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

man thats my friends old car pm me and i will explain what the deal is i live here in johnstown ohio
Old 10-01-2009, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

for 2900 that is a good deal. You'll need more than a catback to get into the 12's with an auto. Slap a stall on there and you should be able to
Old 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Thanks fellas, I think I got a pretty good deal on it too. There is a strong possibility this car will spoil me and Ill never go back to the mustangs again!! I definatley am going to work on the headlights, one of them is cracked and both of getting replaced. Ill definatley have to look into that stall too! JMC, I messaged you about the car, you have peaked my curiousity?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Teching In

i messaged u back aswell ??
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Welcome aboard the LSX train.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Teching In

didnt get the pm man, whats up though? Just type it in here
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Teching In

just got your pm, the wiring issue is what I believe to be the BCM, its a $130 part from napa, if you do research on that problem...the power windows and radio not working, the problems are both related to a bad bcm in most cases. As for the tranny, honestly man, I think it just has a shift kit in it, either that or ive heard that you can drain all the fluid out of the tranny and increase the pressure to make the transmission shift harder. Well see though, time will tell, thanks for lookin out man
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Teching In

it has tranny issues ,no maf, alternator's like once a month the. car has a short somewhere, we were not able to find it. he found someone to buy it for 3000 so he sold it. the car has a serious wiring issue. man not trying to ruin ur new buy i was hoping no one on the site bought it though if u have a dd it wont be that bad u can take the time to go through the wiring and such let me know if i can help at all thanks john
Old 10-17-2009, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

dam thats a good deal man.. whats the plans for it??? if I were you id go with the red & black theme... black halo headlights, taillights, fender lights, black rims & berger panel. looks so bad ***. LS1 respond really good being full bolt on. with the money you saved on getting your Camaro cheap im sure you have the extra money to get parts... Long tube Pacesetter (best bang for your buck) American Racing, or Kooks Headers. & dont forget to get some drag radial tires. I got Nitto 555R drag radials. LOVE them. hook up really good when warm & there the best street legal drags you can get for wear & weather. & they make all the difference on your 1/4 time.. def can get into 12's with drag radials. just need a good 60'

something like this????