Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello! new to site but long time gearhead!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! new to site but long time gearhead!

hey fella's, my name is John. i am a total Chevy nut! ive been contemplating for some time about putting a 6.0 truck motor in my newly aquired 70 Chevelle. im a huge Chevelle nut too! i was forced to sell my 69 awhile back and am still upset about it. its in my album if you want to check it out. i did everything to it. i want to go modern with my 70 chevelle with fuel injection and a LM9? i think thats the 6.0? my 69 was pro streeted and got 5 mpg! ugh! i want to be able to take the wife and kid, hop in the chevelle and start it up (with no hassle using fuel injection!) and go to the coast if we want. and get 18 to 20 mpg while doing so! well, i will have tons of questions for you guys so please help when you can! thanks! couple questions off the top of my head, im scared of the wiring part of the swap. i need a plug and play setup. any ideas? also, do i need to run a fancy serpentine setup or can i just transfer the setup off the truck motor? going to eliminate the power steering unit on the car i think. also, can i just use the injection setup from the truck? i will be on a budget so any ideas will be greatly appreciated! thanks guys! sorry for the long post!

John