Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Lurker orginating from Sweden.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lurker orginating from Sweden.

Been lurking around for quite some time, finally decided to make an account. Currently residing in the chilly Sweden, suffering from 4 feet of snow and -31F.

The whole family is currently running Buick. My father is running a 1965 Buick Sportwagon with a mildly tuned LT1 in it, my mom's running an original 1965 Buick Riviera with a dual carb 425 Nailhead, and I'm currently running a 1972 Buick GSX with a mildly done 455, at 18 years of age.

I am however in the process of finding a 1965 Chevelle, an LQ9 and going for a twin turbo setup, and getting some handling in it. Sort of a Pro-Street if you will.

And the family's back into racing with a newly purchased 358cui smallblock pumping out around 160BHP/liter without the use of nitrous. We're also a back-up crew for a local race team that's running in a class called Top Doorslammer. It's slightly slower than Pro Mod, and the car we're in the crew for is a 1967 Camaro running a 414cui blown smallblock on methanol, and has run a EU smallblock record of 6.60 while having problems with tire shakes and poor track conditions.

All in all my dad has around 35 years of experience building engines, mainly smallblock Chevy's that he's passing on to me. In the late 70's he was racing and building engines with a fellow named Lennart Bergquist, the former owner of Autoshop Racing Engines located in Orlando, Florida, who won the JEG Engine Master's Challenge in 2005 with a street-oriented 509cui big block, making 850bhp on 91 octane, and he's made a lot of 7 second smallblocks, and helped put together the 2JZ-GTE engine that Titan Motorsports put in their Celica and ran a 6.65 off the bat. So I have quite a source of knowledge.

Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys around, I'm definitely posting when I get a hold of a Chevelle and the LQ9. I can post pics of my ride if asked for, but a Buick on an LS-oriented forum might start a flame-war.