Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Returning to the LS1 World

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Returning to the LS1 World

So i've always been into DSM's and sold my talon back last august and bought a 99 z28. It had a few decent amount of issues including a trans issue but I just decided I wasn't ready to leave DSM's and I missed my talon horribly.

I sold the z 2 weeks later and bought a laser as the kid I sold my talon too didn't want to sell it back lol. Anyways I did a new build over the winter with the laser, should of ran 10's this year without an issue. Best time so far with it was 11.7. But I never was very attached to it and I want a car for a 5k trip I'm taking this summer, and I'm tired of not having any me-money as I used to dump it all in my car and only enjoy it once a month at the drag strip. Although I did daily drive my laser, it wasn't really fun to cruise around town in it.
I figure when I'm finished with college, I might have more money and I'll have less free time where it makes more sense to only make it to the drag strip a few times each year when I won't have time to just cruise.

So i picked this up. All stock except for muffler delete. got it for $6200 - has a few issues but I'll have them all fixed soon by June before my trip. Mainly water pump is noisy / cruise control inoperable / power steering resevoire has a hairline crack / all factory speakers are shot, has two house speakers basically in the trunk right now which are enough to get by but I'm going to just bite the bullet and for the first time in my life do something with a car's stereo. Few other little things but those are the main ones I'm going to take care.

Not doing much with until maybe after my trip. For now, just maintenance, fluid changes, skip shift eliminator, maybe a borla muffler or something?

The FIRST thing the car needs, is a new battery, AND NEW EXHAUST TIPS... I swear whoever put these tips on had hallucination problems and thought this car was a truck.

Sorry car is dirty in pics and the flash makes it look worse than it is - Just got home from the 3 1/2 hour drive buying it and its dirty/covered in bugs and rained.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Nice choice bro! Even better cuz it's a 6 speed! Have fun with the power and welcome to the best site on the WWW!

Vince
Old 03-19-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. I also sold my last DSM last september. Then picked up the Camaro. I too miss my DSM but then i remember how much it would break and then i didnt LOL I'm still a huge DSM fan but at the moment im hooked on these Fbodies! lol Anyways welcome
Old 03-20-2011, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

haha, you crack me up kid..
Old 03-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
haha, you crack me up kid..
haha kiddo you crack me up as well, you'd think you were still in high school

Anyway, some new pics

Ugly ugly ugly exhaust tips... can't wait to get rid of them

Last edited by CheezyZ28; 03-21-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

Not a fan of the Formula front end and no side skirts with Trans Am rear combo but I love the color and congrats. I remember the Z you had and I think you got it at a great price! Well welcome back to the LS1 world and you can remove the skip shift just by disconnecting the harness no need to buy a eliminator. Good Luck
Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see what you mean by the tips, those things are horrible. You don't see many Trans Am/Formula hybrids out there but but it looks good! You know whether it started life as a Formy or a TA?

Last edited by Golf&GM; 03-21-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Stupid big fingers on a tiny phone keyboard
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome. Sounds like the car was a good buy even with the minor issues. Love that color! Maple Red Metallic I think...

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
I see what you mean by the tips, those things are horrible. You don't see many Trans Am/Formula hybrids out there but but it looks good! You know where it started like as a Formy or a TA?
Personally, I'd do it the opposite of his car. I'd have a Formula WS6 and change out the front bumper for the T/A one. I love the sound of true duals, so leaving the 2 spots for the tips doesn't look good to me, and no tips out the back looks 100x better on a Formula. Plus the low wing is growing on me.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

My personal favorite combo is a Firebird with the Formy front bumper, Raptor hood, and a TA rear bumper and spoiler. It's exactly like the OPs setup except he's got the WS6 hood. I've always detested the low wing, but it does have a nice sleeper look. To most people it just screams V6
Old 03-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Started as a formula. Guy decided to repaint the car and figured he'd buy the hood and the ta bumper and wing. Altogether I like it, it's different
Old 03-22-2011, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

lmao, such disrespect.....you might wanna watch who you talk to like that...funny you didnt have the ***** to post this on iaf..
Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Teching In

lmao, such disrespect.....you might wanna watch who you talk to like that...funny you didnt have the ***** to post this on iaf..
LOL you are the LAST person who should speak to me of disrespect - You act as if I should have respect for you which I did until you started to act like a high school bully, you've been attacking me and following me around on forums (even dsmtuners) just to give me **** because you got all upset I didn't make some decisions with my cars that you agreed with.

And watch who I talk to? What are you going to do, come race my stock LS1 with your built car? Fight me? All of the above? Thats what I mean by you acting like you're in high school, you call me a kid and you get called one back and now you try to make subtle threats at me, priceless.

I simply didn't post a full thread on IAF, I already mentioned in a thread that I bought it not to mention my sig. So if you think I'm hiding it, get your facts straight rofl. I didn't post a full thread for it because I don't have any real plans for it aside from maintenance for right now. I'll post one though just for you - I mean, it does afterall take some ***** to post a thread describing your car on a forum LOL..

I don't get what your ******* problem is with me, if you don't like me then ignore me? I've always just striven to be friends with people. You just have a need to cause problems with other people. I never said or did **** to you, I don't know what your problem is but get over it.

Last edited by CheezyZ28; 03-23-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

Following you around? Far from it, someone sent me a pm with this link because I seem to be the only person who will call out peoples bs...and all your bitching and whining to ryan on the forums about me is what pissed me off, I used to think you were all right until you started being such a punk...it has nothing to do with racing
Old 03-23-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

you could have done what i did and drive your DSM every day and drive your firebird on the weekends

i have a 90 TSI AWD i drive every day and the formula sleeps in the garage
Old 03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Following you around? Far from it, someone sent me a pm with this link because I seem to be the only person who will call out peoples bs...and all your bitching and whining to ryan on the forums about me is what pissed me off, I used to think you were all right until you started being such a punk...it has nothing to do with racing
Haha, I'm such a punk because I won't participate in your childish bs? You call out BS huh? I've never talked my **** up or anything, I don't know what you're talking about. You have no BS on me to call out, you just have a need to start **** and will do anything to cause ****.

See, I'm into cars for the passion, not for the fighting / **** storm. You tried to create another bullshit fest in one of my car's threads and I simply had your posts deleted. I didn't respond to your posts because I'm better than that. Did that really burn you that bad? If so that's hilarious haha. Hell all I told Ryan was "could you clean the thread up? just want to keep it clean this time around" - If that's bitching and whining then so be it, I just have better things to do than sift through your nonsense.

Not everyone wants to play these little bullshit games.
Get over it or don't bother associating with me rofl

Last edited by CheezyZ28; 03-23-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

I better just be quiet and not ruin another one of your threads...sorry man