Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie Here From Southwest Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Here From Southwest Michigan

Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself. I recently bought a lightly wrecked 2002 Z28 35th Anniversary car. It's the pewter one in my avatar.

I'm not new to cars, but new to the LS1 scene. I also have a 1978 Malibu that I've owned for 15 years. It was my driver and has now spiraled into a back half car with a BBC and a fogger. Needless to say, it is not that street friendly.

So I got the Z28 to make a decent street strip driver out of. I bought the Camaro with 90,000 miles on it. It came with all the new parts to fix it. Paid 4500 bucks for it including parts which was probably a bit too much. It has a clean title but has a bit more rust than I had first suspected. I have a new hood, bumper cover, headlight, and fender to repair the damage. Someone drove it through a chain link fence.

Plans are to fix the body on it and most likely make it a mild heads and cam car with suspension mods.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome from kalamazoo!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome. I occasionally make it up to U.S. 131 in Martin. Maybe I'll run in to you there sometime. Usually run at Osceola Dragway.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Welcome

Where in mich are you located. I live around the Three Rivers area. Your story sounds like mine. I bought my 99 camaro two years ago to have a street strip car. I have a 67 camaro backhalfed with a procharged small block making about 1800 hp, not really a street car. Martin is my home track haven't been to Osceola in years. The 99 camaro makes 470 rwhp but sends I bought it I haven't had time to get to the track hope to this summer. Good luck getting her together.