Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newb from Panhandle FL

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb from Panhandle FL

My name is RJ and I own a 72 Camaro I bought from my dad who got it from his dad. The car has been in our family close to 16 years. I am a proud owner of this car considering the fact its been in my family and its a part of American history. Im in the Air Force stationed at Eglin AFB, FL. Im married to my beautiful wife Jennifer and have a step son named Shea who is 5 yrs old. My hometown is Maryville, TN, wheres that you ask??? Its near Knoxville, TN, base of the Smokey Mtns and a short drive to US 129 Tail of the Dragon. Enough about me, more about the car. The car started life as a factory 307 Camaro. Its underwent a transformation over the years. The car now has a 406 in it fully built with a TH350 tranny backing it that is also fully built with a transbrake and manual valvebody. The car was originally built to be a bracket car at the local dragstrip but when my grandfather got his hands on it he slowly turned it back to a street machine. He had to turn down the timing to run pump gas so that robbed it of some power. The car has a 10-bolt in it with 3.73 gears which it will decidingly puke out if you launch it on the strip under a load. I have some pics and vid of the car so please check them out.

My plans for the car are:
C5 Z06 wheels
2.5" Steel cowl hood
Ford 9" rearend
Possible Corvette brakes/something aftermarket
Front under spoiler
Re-paint the car (either satin black/metallic grey)
Considering possible LS swap for more streetability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6923zFCMSU0

Lookn to gain more knowledge about the LS series motors and swaps and meet new people.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

Welcome to the boards. Nice camaro. I like that its been in the family for so long! Be sure to check the FL section on here. Theres a lot of F-body owners on here that are in the area with a couple meets that go on.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:38 PM

heres me test fitting and mocking up my C5 Z06 wheels on my car. looks like 2" spacers F and 2.5" R
Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Ok that looks nice welcome 2 fla
Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by hookngo
Ok that looks nice welcome 2 fla
appreciate it. been stationed here since november 07.