Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

noob here slp vs k&N intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob here slp vs k&N intakes?

as the title states yes im a noob, often stop by the site but never posted now that im looking to mod my camaro figured id join for the help and input.

first thing i was looking to do post rebuild was mod the intake, but im torn between the slp route and the k&n route. does anyone have experience with both or opinions to share on either?

im leaning towards getting the slp lid, smooth bellow and what not
Old 08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the lid and a front style ram air. IMO the Chris1313 is the best for your money as it's the biggest, but you'll loose AC. If your keeping the AC then the AC style Chris1313, Super Sucker ram air, and Fast Toys ram air all are good choices.

They're much cheaper options for the smooth bellow if you want to change from the according looking coupler you get from the factory, but there is really no gains to be had from simply changing that.

intakehoses.com and siliconeintakes.com both can get you a smooth coupler in any size you need for a fraction of the cost of the SLP one.

You might also want to check out the https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html sticky.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Chris1313, Fast Toys Ram air (FTRA), or Super Sucker Ram air (SSRA) paired with a nice lid.

Thats an optimal setup and you won't ever have to look back at it ever again.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input ill look into those

does anyone have an opinion with the differences of the Fast Toys Ram air (FTRA), or Super Sucker Ram air (SSRA) stated above? i dont know if i like the idea of plastic or being able to scrape it and potentially damaging it.

Last edited by lyes4string; 08-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.