Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

00' z71 mods.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00' z71 mods.

Hi, im new to this site and figured i'd join and get some good advice on what options i have with my 00' z71. I've had her for about a year now and is by far the cleanest original 00' model I've seen on the streets. well nothing i have ever owned is stock, i've been looking into some mods just to get a little more power out of it, and no i'm not a redneck thinking i have a race truck. i just want something that is clean and will turn heads when i want it to. so far i have on order a yank 2600 stall, 24,000gvu trans cooler, texas speed headers, 3'' y pipe with a borla xr-1 muffler, and looking into a tune by frost right now. I'm needing advice on a cam and throttle body with intake manifold. also weather or not forced induction would be a smart choice. please write if you have any suggestions on what to do, and i would like to leave original block in truck. thanks.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might help if you list your engine. 4.8 or 5.3. 4x4 or 4x2 etc. Also what is your master plan for the truck. The yank 2600 is a good converter but it doesnt leave you a lot if you are planing to run a large cam in the future.

Quick Reply: 00' z71 mods.