Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Proud owner of a 2002 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud owner of a 2002 WS6

So hey, my name is Shon, I am a huge Denver University hockey fan, no i didnt go there, but I love em. Funny how College hockey never gets locked out!

I am a longtime 4runner owner, and member over at T4R.org for any other 4runner owners that come across this thread.

I owned a 96 4runner for the last 10 years, and decided to sell it to buy an LS1...

this wasnt just any normal 4runner... it was my baby. a few pics of it and a link to my build on T4R if you want to see more of it.

I decided to sell it and buy a fun/fast car, I still have an 07 4runner that I just lifted so I can still wheel and camp and play in the snow. And even better, my wife and I share a 04 Prius to commute to and from work. So very few miles go on our play vehicles.

after I sold my 96 Runner, I started searching around. Ended up finding this one, single owner. about 90k miles on it. Garaged nearly its entire life, only driven at the speedway once or twice and taken care of meticulously.

after driving 3, and looking at dozens online I knew I found the one.

So, I know a little about what I got, but am looking forward to learning a bunch. last night I went thru the whole "so you wanna go fast" sticky, loved it!

Ive got a friend that knows a bit more about LS1's that can help me, hes got a 98 camaro that I believe runs low 12s on the engine and mid 11s on the bottle.

My goal is to run mid 12's Ill probably do a nice header setup with true dual pipes and a new lid...

well, that should be enough to get started here on a first post...
Old 12-28-2012, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

CONGRATS. Beautiful car. Welcome to the LS1 family. The how to sticky is great also.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That thing is cleannnnn
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by autogeek23
CONGRATS. Beautiful car. Welcome to the LS1 family. The how to sticky is great also.
Thanks! I will check that thread out too!

Originally Posted by jbridwelltransam;
That thing is cleannnnn
Yep! I was super happy to find one that clean. I could tell the original owner was very detail oriented and that was great as far as I was concerned!

Quick Reply: Proud owner of a 2002 WS6