Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

looking at 98-02 z28 project/drag car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at 98-02 z28 project/drag car

well i guess this is the place to start. ive been lurking for a little while but im still a noob when it come to the LSx series of motors and anything rwd. ive spent the past few years building up a 3000gt to be a quick daily driver but now im looking at possibly starting an f-body project.

i joined the forum because ive never had to deal with building a suspension/rear end setup on any of my cars so i'm clueless about rear-end geometry, proper spring rates, ect. the only stuff i know about solid rear axles is what my 4X4 buddies have told me. Plus since i'm looking at building a car that would mainly be used at the track an auto would probably be a good choice, and i know nothing about autos.

basically i'm clueless to anything push-rod v8 rwd and auto... aka an f body. defiantly interested in learning about what it takes to get one to run a good time and be consistent off the line.

on a side note, how uncommon are the sunset orange metallic Z28's with the factory ground effects? i came across this car on craigslist and fell in love with the body and color. unfortunately i cant seam to find another... and trying to sort the SS's from the Z28's is one heck of a pita on craigslist.

Quick Reply: looking at 98-02 z28 project/drag car