Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Inherited a 2002 CETA

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

you should go get Grundy insurance on it , just in case something happens. then if someones drives if and something does happen your covered . Thats what i would do .
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bell Automotive Todd
Welcome to the forum! Wow what an incredible low mileage car you have there. All the best with figuring out how to sell it.

Cars like yours, super low mileage and hoped to be a collector piece one day but aren't quite old enough to be considered that yet can really take a hit in the marketplace, so I'd suggest putting a reserve on it if you have a certain number in mind. If I were you though I'd keep it the way it is for another 5-10 years when it'll finally reach collector status.
I'm not looking at it as in investment and it's not even really the cash I am after. It simply boils down to not having room for it and I'm definitely not going to incur expenses on storing it somewhere. If I am going to keep an awesome car around I want to drive it. With that said, I'm not going to just give it away either. There is most likely someone out there that is looking for something like this, that has space, as an investment. Don't get me wrong I'd take an LS1 as a daily driver, just not this one. A trade for an evenly valued vette would interest me or even better a CTS V (only because 4 seats would fit my needs better at this point in my life).

Last edited by MyCN18; 04-23-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
you should go get Grundy insurance on it , just in case something happens. then if someones drives if and something does happen your covered . Thats what i would do .
It's covered right now. What is good about Grundy? I probably get a better rate with my regular insurance company since I am able to bundle everything on one policy. But I don't know that for sure. I've never called Grundy.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Was the car on jackstands with the suspension free hanging? If so, you'll want to check out the shocks and make sure they aren't shot.

Congrats on the car. I'd say $25-30k depending upon documentation.
It was on jack stands for a little while, not the entire time it was sitting. He kept air in the tires. Everything with the suspension seems tight, like new. the Tires appear to be just fine, no flat spots.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 PM

FYI....This car will be listed on eBay starting tonight at 2330 EDT.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome car, hope you get what you want for it!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MyCN18
It's covered right now. What is good about Grundy? I probably get a better rate with my regular insurance company since I am able to bundle everything on one policy. But I don't know that for sure. I've never called Grundy.
Grundy, Hagerty, etc. is collector car insurance where you essentially tell the company how much you want it insured for. They then base your premium on that. Otherwise, your regular insurance company is likely going to base its value on current NADA value. I'm guessing it'd be in the ball park of $15-$20k retail that way; however, I'd have that insured for at least original MSRP.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Grundy, Hagerty, etc. is collector car insurance where you essentially tell the company how much you want it insured for. They then base your premium on that. Otherwise, your regular insurance company is likely going to base its value on current NADA value. I'm guessing it'd be in the ball park of $15-$20k retail that way; however, I'd have that insured for at least original MSRP.
Thanks for the info. My fingers are crossed I get it sold relatively soon. Hopefully this is a non issue for me.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Banned

Great car!! Shame you are letting it go.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2GOOD4U
I think your car could get anywhere from $27-$32k from the right investor. Do you have all the original paperwork, manuals, window sticker, etc? Can you park the car near the auction with a forsale sign in the window? Maybe have the original window sticker on the window, etc?
BTW, I finally looked to see what paperwork I have because a bidder on eBay asked. I have it all, I have the Original Window Sticker, Original Build Manifest, Original Sales Receipt from the Dealer, Original Emission Sticker, Original Owners Manual, Original Warranty and Owner Assistance Information Book, Original Collectors Edition Booklet, Original Application for Title, Maintenance History Paperwork. Why does this increase the value?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Collector car provenance is why. When you have a specialty car and someone is looking to keep it a long time to hopefully get a return on it paperwork is absolutely key.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 AM

She sold. Got almost what I was hoping to get. If I could have picked a number that I would have been thrilled with,that number would have been $25k. It sold on eBay for $23,600.00 to a person in Chicago. There are several people wanting upper 20's to lower 30's for these cars, but wanting and selling are two different beasts. I'm very pleased with the $23,600.

For the amount of cars like this that were produced they are readily available in today's market. Most of them are low mile cars, too. This one was on the low end of the scale. I found one with 232 miles on it. But it's not selling because the seller thinks it's worth more than it really is.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the sale. It sounds like both you and the buyer made out like champs in this deal!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Launching!

I would have kept it and drove it every sunny day in my fathers honor.... these cars are made to be driven and very doubtful they will gain any value within our lifetime.

The key is having fun and living life... should have drove it and lived a little....
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would NOT have sold that car!!too late now!

Last edited by blackls1ta00; 05-07-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: took out some words
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess its all about the money for some people
Old 05-07-2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
i guess its all about the money for some people
Actually, it's not. I'm turning around and buying a better car that i will drive everyday and the cash I got for this car won't dictate the money I am going to spend. I don't need the money, trust me. The fact is, I think the car is ugly and I'm not a Firebird body style fan. I don't like the flash of a yellow car. I do believe cars are made to be driven, this particular car would not be by me and I don't want to store it. Someone else can enjoy it. It's that simple. This car had a killer engine, in my opinion that's it. But to each his own. If you're a fan more power to you.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by b.lee
very doubtful they will gain any value within our lifetime.
Exactly.

If driving a car is living a little......I've lived 100 lives. Living is experiencing life to the fullest without regret.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by levilz
Congrats on the sale. It sounds like both you and the buyer made out like champs in this deal!
Thanks, man. I will be excited to see how pleased the buyer is when they pick it up. I'm glad I found someone who will love the car. Sounds like it will be a sunny, sunday afternoon type of car for this person.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow, this jumped like a rocket !!
insane car , insane inheritance.
too bad you couldn't hang on to it.
MAN !! .... i have no more words

Quick Reply: Inherited a 2002 CETA