Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Inherited a 2002 CETA

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^dumb is more like it,he would rather buy a more expensive car to daily drive that makes real sense after saying he didnt wana store it,what you gona do with a vette or ctsv?park it in the hillside??real idiot i say,gtfo

Last edited by blackls1ta00; 05-07-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added info
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not dumb at all - I would've kept it myself for another 10years or so...

think he said he would DD a Corvette

Originally Posted by MyCN18
Don't get me wrong I'd take an LS1 as a daily driver, just not this one. A trade for an evenly valued vette would interest me or even better a CTS V (only because 4 seats would fit my needs better at this point in my life).
Old 05-08-2013, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
^^^dumb is more like it
I gotta say everyone on this site has been very nice and helpful. Well, that is everyone but you. You are the type of thread troll that give Internet Boards a bad name. Are you a fortune teller? How do you know I am going to spend more on a DD than the CETA sold for? If you think the CETA is such a priceless car why don't you own one? They're easy to find in any price range. Have a fantastic life! Cheers.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MyCN18
She sold. Got almost what I was hoping to get. If I could have picked a number that I would have been thrilled with,that number would have been $25k. It sold on eBay for $23,600.00 to a person in Chicago. There are several people wanting upper 20's to lower 30's for these cars, but wanting and selling are two different beasts. I'm very pleased with the $23,600.

For the amount of cars like this that were produced they are readily available in today's market. Most of them are low mile cars, too. This one was on the low end of the scale. I found one with 232 miles on it. But it's not selling because the seller thinks it's worth more than it really is.
That's great news! For as little as your father drove it, I'm sure he'd rather have you driving something you'd enjoy rather than you owning it simply for his sake. If I was in your situation I would have done the same thing.

All things considered, that's really a fair price for both you and the new buyer. Like you said, asking price and selling price are entirely two different things. For as little effort as it took to get it sold, I think you came out ahead. Now you don't have to worry about other auctions, insurance, etc and can move on to something else.

Congrats!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, sounds like you did the right thing for you(nothing dumb about that). I wouldn't hang on to a vehicle that I didn't want/like, I'd want the car to go to someone wants/desires it.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Hands down lowest mileage trans am ive seen. Too bad they didnt get crazy valuable. My dad has a 94 cobra indy pace car that was real low mileage for a long time. Then once we saw it was not really worth a whole heck of a lot more than a regular cobra, we decided to just drive it, show it and enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Inherited a 2002 CETA