Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

long tube exhaust concerns

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long tube exhaust concerns

just joined the site, have a few exhaust headers questions, i have a 2002 trans am and i just put on a borla y pipe with the borla cat back exhaust, which long tube header will bolt on the y pipe that i have with out any issues
Old 10-30-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the borla y-pipe hooks up to the stock manifolds/cats I don't think there are any headers that will fit it. Might have to try to sell the y pipe and use that money towards the headers/ypipe.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 AM

i heard a few different stories but i wanted somebody who has the trans am LS1 and has done the work to verify that i do need to replace the y pipe with a long tube header/y pipe kit, thanks man, i might go with the BBK set up, if you or anybody has any suggestions please let me know
Old 11-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

sokr915 is correct. If that y pipe connects to the stock manifolds it will not be usable with lt's. Just find a set of long tubes you want and buy a tsp or pacesetter ory and you'll be good to go.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:24 PM

I've looked on ebay for long tube headers and 3 looked ok, if anybody knows or have used these please let me know, one set was from a company called DNA Motoring, the second from Mirage Power and the third is a Pacesetter set, all three are stainless steel and the prices are not that bad from one another

Quick Reply: long tube exhaust concerns