Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello lets make this z faster!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello lets make this z faster!

Hello to all. Jason here from NW Ohio I picked up a 99 Z this summer I've been stuck on this site every since. My history starts with my first love of turbo buicks for many years, than to a 03 cobra and now the Z. Exhaust is done, I'll be looking for your suggestions for cams to compliment the set of PRC 2.5 5.3 heads I just got. Boy If I could just hit the lotto!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is it an auto or manual car?

If you have a 4l60e car i would recommend a stall converter. Also a LS6 intake or fast if you can fit one in the budget to help get more air to those heads.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Nice throw some pics up!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 PM

6 speed ls7 clutch and flywheel. I was looking for a while to find what I wanted and it was worth the wait. The car had a good start with the headers and off road pipe, lca's, air pump removal, subframe connectors, lid, egr delete, and tune. It looks like it was an auto from the factory. This car is just so much fun to drive I love it! It sticks to the road better than my first 86 iroc just double the power! Now I'm driving like a teenager again! Boy oh boy its going to be a long winter..
Old 12-13-2013, 10:07 PM

Thanks to a fellow member I have a fast 90mm intake on the way! Now we need to get a cam and T-body, any suggestions? NW 90 92MM? Thanks for the help so far.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redline Everyday
Thanks to a fellow member I have a fast 90mm intake on the way! Now we need to get a cam and T-body, any suggestions? NW 90 92MM? Thanks for the help so far.
Most people are going to ask you what are you doing with the car to help determine what cam might fit your needs. Daily driver, max power etc. You could also PM/call and talk to some places from the vendor directory. Might also want to post in the internal engine section.
Google is awesome. Type in something like- "need help picking a cam for my ls1 trans am"
Old 12-15-2013, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Want to get a specific cam for your needs, PatrickG can help with that.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Its a street car, should see some track time this summer. I'm just seeking members with the same heads, checking their combo and how it performs. I'd like to use them for a reference and compare it to the other suggestions. All the help so far is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Hello lets make this z faster!