Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just Joined the LS Site

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Joined the LS Site

So. New to the site. Looks to be a lot of advise out there. But after reading the forums a person could easily get confused. So here is what I'm after.
I have a very nice 69 Camaro. Had it about a week and went to Good Guys show. Seen some LS motors in them and pulled my motor and trans out the next day. So. I now have purchased a 2005 LQ9 (317 heads) motor from a GMC 3500 with 4l80e trans. I'm looking to make 425-450 hp. Nothing radical. Just a nice running motor. Please give me a list of what i would need. Was told to get:
Is there a 1 stop shop that has it all? that wont bend a guy over?

LS6 intake - 99-02
Z06 Cam - 01-02
Tune
Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can find LS6 intakes in the classified section on a regular basis. I'm not sure about the cam. For a cam you might want to check with Martin at Tick Performance. He spec's cams for LS engines, good guy.

You might want a different stall torque converter, depends on cam, rear gear, etc.

Headers, there are header companies that make swap headers do a search on here for info.

Did you get the wiring harness & ecm with the engine & trans? If you did you will have a bunch of wires you wont need. There are people that make custom stand alone harnesses. Also you might want to relocate some of your accessories.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Just Joined the LS Site