Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from the North

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from the North

My names Hudson and I'm from Wausau Wisconsin. I own a 1983 Pontiac firebird. It came stock with a 305 and I swapped in a 350 last year. It just didn't have the power I was looking for so today I bought a 5.3 outta a 99 chevy Silverado for 250 bucks. I wasn't sure exactly what I needed so I grabbed a bunch of wiring and junk from under the hood. I don't entirely know what i'm doing but I plan on learning! I'd like to keep the fuel injection. Also, I'm 16 and your probably thinking i'm spending all my parents money. But I work part time at a local factory to afford this. And no body lays a wrench on the car other than me. I love doing everything myself from engine swap to body work to swapping out the entire interior. I'm sure this will be quite the project but i'll looking for a challenge. Thanks in advance for all the advice i'm sure i'll get from this website!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Hudson,
In each of the sub-forums, "search" is your friend. 3rd gen dot org is also a good resource as it is vehicle specific. Good motto to be the car's only wrencher! Take a long range, do it right the first time approach and you will be proud. I'm not far from you.

Brian

Quick Reply: New guy from the North