Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy Here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Guy Here!

Hey everybody!
My name is Nate, Im in houston texas and I am currently in the process of trading my turbo kit off of my tundra for a 90 fox body with an Ls1 swap. Hopefully tomorrow is when we'll make the trade. The exterior of the mustang is in decent shape. Could use new paint but I'm not worried about that, has one small door ding, a tiny tiny rust patch, one crack in he taillight and needs one rear shock replaced. So not to bad of a car at all. The LS1 in it only has 50k miles on it while the tranny is a 4l60e with 3200 stall and shift kit with more than 100k miles on that. The only engine work done to it is that it has a comp cam and Longtube headers. Now I have a question for y'all...
The cam in it is just a mild cam, it is part of the extreme rpms series from comp; the part number is 54-414-11. Does this cam provide a good power increase? I've tried doing research on it but I guess not to many people use it. Or maybe my research is to specific to be found, idk, but I couldn't find much on it. The duration of it is 269/273 with .525/.532 lift. Now is this cam a decent power gainer? I'm going to end up tearing the ls1 apart sometime and will do my own H/C/I setup for it but for the mean time ill keep the cam in there that's already there. Just would like to hear some of y'all's feedback on this particular comp cam.
Thanks everyone and I am glad to be here! I'm ready to learn as much as possible and ready for all the advice that can be given! Thanks.
Nate.

Quick Reply: New Guy Here!