Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie in Extreme SE Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie in Extreme SE Alabama

Hey guys, I'm Jonathan, most people call me Itchy tho....don't ask, nothing bad I swear.
I'm new to the whole car thing. Always been into running 1/8 and 1/4 mile outboard dragboats and just recently got out of it I guess you could say. Found this barn/yard find a couple of weeks ago for near nothing. Been sitting for a while but plan on getting it back up and running and trying to build a lil budget street rod/back and forth to work ride with it.....

'95 Firebird Formula. LT1 car, auto tranny. Wheels are shot from sitting so long, just replaced the fuel tank and pump. Thinking she has a blown head gasket so while i'm in it, might as well do a cam swap right?

What would you guys do? Open book here!

Cleaned up pretty good.....

Old 05-22-2014, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job saving that hard top car, i would do a full tune up first. Did you change the fuel filter when you swapped tanks?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin99hoss
Nice job saving that hard top car, i would do a full tune up first. Did you change the fuel filter when you swapped tanks?
Filter was indeed changed......Its amazing what damage gas these days does when its sits for a while...

Quick Reply: Newbie in Extreme SE Alabama