Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

1997 blazer 5.3 lm7 swap!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 blazer 5.3 lm7 swap!

Hey guys! So i got this truck from a junkyard, I dunno why it was even there?? Maybe cuz the motor was ticking? Found that out to be a loose spark plug-.- rust free and drove nice, never had a problem. My buddy was doing the ls swap in a 95 s10 and just gave up on it.. so I jumped on the opportunity and bought the whole truck for $500 smackeroos! Quite a steal eh? It was almost finished turn key and she would fire. No core support on it but it ran good. Finally took that motor out and had it sitting for awhile, finally got some garage space and started ripping out the v6, only took a couple of beers ha. Sold that for two hundred bucks, scrapped the s10 for $300 so now im sitting even. Motor came rebuilt ( re-gasket) headers, cow motor mounts, rebuilt 4l60e with corvette servo, stock torque converter. So now im sitting at the point that I have the motor and transmission in, trans crossmember worked, stock fuel pump, the wiring harness was rewired, computer in stock location, I have a new radiator for s10/blazer, junkyard fan single fan two stage, cable driven throttle body stock truck intake.. im sure im miss in some things. But anyways would be nice to get some help as im doing this if I need any questions! Ive done quite a bit of research and I know most of things that will work. Biggest issue im running into now is rewiring the 5.3 to run my key, fuel pump and all that jazz. Ive heard I need to keep the stock computer from blazer to run abs and body controls. Any help guys! Ill put up some pictures of my progress.

Quick Reply: 1997 blazer 5.3 lm7 swap!