Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

MD Newbie need swap advice!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MD Newbie need swap advice!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to LS1 Tech and High performance LS engines; however, I have been hot rodding small block (SBC) and big block chevy's (BBC) for years. I was amazed how these engines (LS) made so much power, got good gas mileage and ran 10 and 11s on the 1320. When I returned from the 2012 Holley LS Fest, I started selling my SBC and BBC stuff. "If you can't beat them all around, join (swap)them"! I have a 02 Suburban with a 5.3 and it is great!

I have this thing for wagons and El Camino's. I have two 83 Malibu Wagons. One is pure stock with a V-6 and is my driver. The other one is my sleeper with a BBC. I can not part with either wagon, so I'm going to swap in a 09 G8 LS2 & 6 speed auto trans in the V-6 wagon. I have the engine harness and controller; however, I need the trans controller and the gas pedal. The salvage yard I got it all from no longer have the car; however, they have a V-6 G8. I would think that I can not use the needed parts from the V-6 G8. Any ideas?

I would love to hear of similar swaps and welcome any advise to make the swap go as smooth as possible while keeping the cost down. I was looking at the BRP swap kit and shorty headers (only if the stock G8 exhaust manifolds don't work). I was also looking at what Holley has to offer. I would love to drive the car to the 2014 LS Fest in September.

Thanks to all of you and I'm glad to be apart of the LS family.

Sleeper Wagons
Accokeek, MD

Quick Reply: MD Newbie need swap advice!