Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy From Texas with 98 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014 | 10:44 PM

Default New Guy From Texas with 98 Z28

I've been a car guy for many many MANY years but I've always been a Ford man. That is until I found the LS1 and I have to say WOW!!! What a power plant, and the F body is a great chassis to build on.

The car I picked up is really a beater but has a solid motor and trans in it. The body isn't bad but the paint looks like crap.

Starting with the problems.

1.The Radiator is leaking pretty bad. What would be an Upgrade over stock? Would one of the Chinese ones off of eBay work good or do I need to go pricey?

2.The heater will be working fine then just go cold on its own for no reason. After 20mins or so it will get warm again. Im really not sure why its doing this, Any ideas?
i
3. This one is the main one, The car has a ton of holes in the exhaust. I found and pulled a full SLP Loud Mouth off of a junk yard and am going in the morning to install it and want to know what everyone does with the Flat piece of pipe under the oil pan. Do you just install 3in pipe and deal with the ground clearance problems? PLEASE HELP ME FAST ON THIS ONE BECAUSE ITS HAPPENING IN THE MORNING!!!!

Thanks for any and all help. It truly means the world to me.

Well I was going to post some pics but have now realized I don't have any good ones. Lol, Ill post some pics in the morning.

Quick Reply: New Guy From Texas with 98 Z28