Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

project mini truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default project mini truck

Im new to the whole forum game, but I figured it would be the best place to share my story and get the advice I need to build my truck correctly. I have a 1972 Chevy C10 with a 350. It was my daily driver until yesterday 3-25-15. My shitfer broke, so instead of getting a new one. I decided it was time to start my build. When I purchased the truck, I also obtained a 2004 Chevy Express 3500 for the 6.0 LQ4 inside of it. I have the motor pulled and I am currently parting it out to help pay for the build. I am currently looking at a fully forged rotating assembly from summit racing. Not sure if I am trying to build the head. But the plan is to go twin turbo and have it tuned for 700-800 HP. I have always wanted something turbo, so why not start with something thats super bad ***. It will be daily driven but only until I am able to get another daily driver. After that it will be nothing but a show truck. One more thing, I totally work at a performance shop. So doing work that is required is not an issue. =D and I am not quite sure how to go about uploading pictures. I tried and I think im just doing something wrong, but not sure what.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to to site. Im getting ready to install a 5.3/4L60E into my squarebody 4 door 1/2 ton. Why not just get motor in get things worked out first.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Teching In

I want to but my concern is I want to build it once and then turbo later. But I am not sure what brand of parts to buy. Like if an eagle rotating assembly will work well with what brand for my top end?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dont know but ask over in engine section somebody will know. If your on a budget I thought getting going would help you out a bit.

Quick Reply: project mini truck