Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

From NJ...new to LS platform but not cars/racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From NJ...new to LS platform but not cars/racing

Whats up guys. I am from NJ and currently do not own a LS car yet but will be looking to buy something $9k or below in a little bit to get my feet wet in the LS Nation. I have been drag racing for 10 years now and have been 10s but in an air-cooled VW. Just sold a car that I had and it will allow me to finally get something I can drive to the track. Probably looking for a camaro and eventually set it up to run 11.50 Index since there is A TON of that going on in the northeast.
For now I will just look around and try to gain some information as the LS information bank is at about 3% on my end.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome!
11s should be childs play with the LS1.
Full bolt-ons, a cam, tune and tires (if its an auto you will want a stall and gears) and you should be there easy.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:32 PM

Thank you for the welcome. Here is one of the cars from my past. Was all motor and went a best of 10.82 at 122, 4 speed car.

Damn that photo is big

I would like to buy something that maybe already has some work done to it. The price inbetween a good stocker and a slightly modified car does not seem to be much. Or buy a hunk of crap for cheap and figure out someone elses mess. No thanks.

I would for sure go auto. Probably 3.73 gear in back. Seems like a 3000+ stall convertor is the way to go. Put an after market drive shaft and change the axles (later in the game). Beef up the trans a little (need help there). Motor wise would be headers, intake, throttle body and depending how things go...cam, heads (springs, better push rods) and see what happens. Cheap...no. Cheaper than the vw....yes.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:59 AM

I would say buy a roller do what you want to it
Old 04-24-2015, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

What part of NJ?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Damn! We had a sick bug out here in CA a few years back, didn't make it down the 1/4 though, blew its bottom end out 3/4 down the track, could've easily been in the low 10's though. Anyways Welcome!

Quick Reply: From NJ...new to LS platform but not cars/racing