Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

NEW MEMBER, looking for GEEZER's GARAGE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking NEW MEMBER, looking for GEEZER's GARAGE!

I became a member just so that I can hopefully talk to GEEZER'S GARGE, I have a 5.2 98 Dakota with the NV3500HD and I'm going to pick up a 2006 5.3L all aluminum engine this weekend for.... drum roll... 200$ it does have a bent rod so I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for things to look for in buying an all aluminum engine that hurt itself "hydro lock". I want this engine for fuel economy and added low end torque, from dyno sheets I've seen, I think it should be easy or attainable to reach 300lbs.ft around 1800-2000rpms. I live near sea level in cooler temperatures. I have 3:92 in the rear with stock tread and I'd like to be able to pull a three place snowmachine trailer in 4th gear all day.

I know I could swap to a 5.9 much easier with more torque but the magnum is an ancient series with not the best fuel economy. I've seen auto dakotas barely get 15mpg empty with automatics and I've seen half-ton 5.3's get 16mpg. I can reach 18mpg on freeways and average 16-17 year round on the highway.

I'll buy this engine regardless since it's a complete steal and Mopar's just dont have the magnum following for performance testing I know they make HP but no many people list real data on real life operation without buzzing them over 6k. I'd like to build a nice mild 5500rpm 6k max torque monster I'd be happy as a clam with 300hp. PS this is a commuter and budget is a concern but I understand this will be some $$$, but I'm not interested in 1k dollar manifolds and such.

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER, looking for GEEZER's GARAGE!