Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Recently just got into F-bodies!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently just got into F-bodies!

Hi, I'm new to this site and new to F-bodies in general.

I've been into cars for a long time and have wanted a fun one for 2 years now. I've been so indecisive and disappointed with all of the options people would recommend to me in the past. Everyone would say Miata but they're too small and slow. Everyone would say 944 but 80's Porsches require deep pockets to upkeep. Everyone would say a 240SX but try finding one that hasn't been riced to high Hell is impossible. Everyone would say S2000 but those cost twice as much as I can afford.

Well luckily my coworkers with Z/28's introduced me to F-bodies. I was apprehensive at first but after riding shotgun in one and feeling the torque I knew exactly what I really wanted. I was also scared of the "muscle cars can't turn" stereotype but one of my coworker's Z/28 had a lowering kit, shocks, upgraded roll bars, and sticky tires. It handled like it was on rails. I'm very glad I'm now into F-bodies, because I was just going to end up buying an Acura CL Type-S.

I eventually do plan on getting an F-body by the end of the summer in August (I'll make a wanted ad in the classifieds later). Luckily with my current job I should have $6k to spend and my current car is worth $5k, so I have some room for options. My sophomore year of university will be much more fun with a Chevy small block, and many in the engineering department should like it too.

So I just wanted to introduce myself a little. The whole 4th gen community looks to be one of the most enthusiastic and friendly ones I've seen. People love these cars and want everyone to love them as well. I really hope to be apart of this community soon!

PS. What makes a "Pewter" Camaro? I saw a 99 Z/28 one on craigslist and all I could tell is that it was silver and had at least the SLP air box. It didn't seem like a bad deal at $7k considering it had 56k miles, T56, T-top, and looked in good condition (Was in a fender bender though). I just don't know what mods a "Pewter" has. Thank you!
Old 07-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The “heritage” colors and included bright blue metallic, “Hugger” Orange as well as Light Pewter metallic of which pewter would become one of the best selling Camaro colors. I wish you the best in saving buddy these cars are wort every penny

Quick Reply: Recently just got into F-bodies!