Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Newbie to this forum

I just purchased a LS3 376/525HP that I intend on slapping into my 63 Vette. I am 67, male and am not a member of Ashley Madisons Website so am not in fear for my life like 40,000,000 other people

I am doing a somewhat different type of resto. I have a numbers matching 63SWC and have wrestled for years trying to figure out how to enjoying the world of resto as well as numbers matching. So I have decided to leave the engine, transmission, chassis and complete drivetrain intact.

For the Resto project I am buying an SRIII frame, C5 running gear and slap in the 525HP with a 4L__E transmission. Paddle Shifter, New Interior, Seats (Maybe C4 Corvette?) New Guages, steering column (ijit) etc

So I need to gain some knowledge from some of the members here as to what to choose. A member Poorhousenext has been my sole source for info because he does C2 Corvette resto's but joined so I could find out more of the what to do and what not to do's. This is my first LS motor, and I am choosing the automatic because of a handicap I have. I just no longer can do the clutch thing anymore.

I have no set timeline to be finished, thats the nice thing about being retired... time is no longer an issue. I would like to drive it at least once before I croak, but other then that, nothing else is an issue.

Looking forward to being part of the forum

Dennis

Quick Reply: Newbie to this forum