Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

1st gen s10 5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gen s10 5.3 swap

hey guys new to the forum. i just got my hands on a 1985 s10 2wd 2.5 with a 5 speed no rust cept a lil surface rust on the inside of the tailgate. and better yet a buddy gave it to me for free all he wants is the 2.5 out of it when i do the swap. win win for me. ive read about every thread that comes up for s10 5.3 swap s10 ls swap etc etc. and it seems half way simple if you have some sort of wrenching skills as i do. here is what ive figured out as a parts list i will need.
obviously motor will b 5.3. im wanting to go dbw
tranny 4l80e or 60e witch ever i find first.
ms3 pro with harness gonna try and do the wiring just so i know my own truck and i want to turbo down the road so i want to have full range on the tunning
prolly will stick with the truck intake so i will need a caul hood
i havent seen any actually measurements for how much the xmember has to b notched for the ac so if anyone has pics i could go by or dimensions would be great i have looked just didnt find anything.
h3 oil pan
8.8 rear swap
seen alot on youtube of ppl doing 4 link with c notches to lower the rear how good do yall think that the frame will hold with power?
doing 2" drop spindles for front
sorry if everything is all over the place first time in any of this. feel free to comment or give opinions this will be my first swap and im a neewb when it comes to all this so criticism is welcomed. thank you jared

Quick Reply: 1st gen s10 5.3 swap