Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi *gets hit with a wrench for being a car noob :P

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi *gets hit with a wrench for being a car noob :P

Hi, my name is Bryan Maloney, I'm from a small(rather shitty) city called Lima, OH. I spent the first 20 years of my life there, and have recently moved to Wesley Chapel, FL, have been here almost 1+1/2 years, where I am attending the Art Institutes of Tampa.
In techincal terms, I am a car noob. I love cars, and car culture, but have never completley had a desire to learn the inner workings to a T. As you hear from many noobs, I found my interest in cars due to Fast and Furious. I am a predominantly Muscle fan, however, I love a select few tuners. My first car at 18, was a 99 Lumina(no real picture). A rather shitty $1k car, but it got me from A-Z. It was my 18th birthday gift, and while it was a POS, I loved it anyway. After the drive to FL, the car began to have complications, and after half a year, it was dead. We said our goodbyes, and I bought my 2001 Monte Carlo SS, a nice step-up, if I do say so myself, and for only $1700.
It is not in the greatest condition, but when you consider it currently stands at 153k miles, its in rather good condition. As their are a couple performance problems I've been looking to my dad for guidance, and have been trying to absorb as much as possible, however, he was out of the mechanic line in the early 90s, so modern cars have some new toys he doesn't quite get sometimes. I hope to make many enhancements to this car. As it's my first paid for car, I really want to put alot of care into it, and be proud when I hear it roar. My future dream car, as a huge Supernatural fan, that I guaran-damn-tee I will have, is a nice black, 4-door 1967 Impala(I have inevitably become a chevy guy )

I hope to hang on to my 2001 Monte for a long time, and do many things to extend the life as much as possible, and hopefully I gather the required know-how along the way, know-how that I can apply to my dream car(not a dream, just a future reality)
-Winchester7314
Old 10-31-2015, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome take a look around a lot of great info here for those just leading. Congrats on the recent living sutiuation upgrade(been to Lima) and automotive upgrade.

Quick Reply: Hi *gets hit with a wrench for being a car noob :P