Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

another newcomer

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another newcomer

Hi, I'm from north Dakota, I have recently acquired two 5.3l, one is supposed to be out of an 01 and the other I'm not sure what it was out of, from what I have read so far it looks to be gen iv not gen III. the older one has all the injection and accessories on it yet and is only supposed to have around 40k on it. that one will go in my 4x4 87 3/4 ton suburban. while the other one is a long block and will go in my 66 suburban with a carb.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to site. you will find motor goes into frame on truck real well. I have a 4 door squarebody with suburban tank. If yours is efi already just pt a newer Silverado pump on sender. That's all I did worked fine. Mounts on ebay made it a breeze. Set I bought had slotted holes forward/backward and slotted in mount thru bolt as well. $65 cost at time. Then the china made shorty headers fit real well too, actually was impressed with how well made they were.$180 on ebay. I used the truck harness modified myself using Lt1Swap site. Only difference I used a 95-05 cavalier under hood fuse panel. Took it apart so small fuse rearranged so 1 row hot all time battery pos. & other key hot on/cranking. Used Hei distributor wire for that as its hot with key/cranking as well. I made bracket to hold pcm and fuse panel together, mounted them driverside inner fender. Hope this helps some.

Quick Reply: another newcomer