Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS Swapping my S14

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Swapping my S14

Greetings LS1Tech! I have been lurking here for a while about general tech stuff and now I have finally decided to make an account here.

A little about myself, I live in Central Ontario. I bought a 1995 Nissan 240sx with a stock manual 2.4l engine. I drove the hell out of it all winter and decided I would begin an LS swap in it. Since June when I took it off the road, I have pulled the engine, sold it, removed everything from the engine bay, Painted the bay, Patched a hole in the wheel well and a large hole in my floor and Frame rail.

So far my LS swap purchases include:

2000 5.3l Lm7 with questionable mileage and car accessories
Daft Mount Kit
Sikky Power Steering Conversion lines
Full OEM Wiring Harness and ECU
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Canton Racing Swap Pan and LS pickup

I will throw something tech related in my introduction if you guys don't mind. I have searched far and wide about using a tr6060 in my LS swap in the 240 and the conclusion people come to is "they are too expensive and not worth it." But i have found one in my area for less than $2000 CAD and i can't find a t-56 under $4000 so I am going to go ahead and buy it. I am buying it tomorrow so if anyone has any reason for me not to, please chime in by tomorrow. I am under the impression that all I need is a 2.5" shifter relocation from Tremec and a custom driveshaft (obviously)
Old 11-25-2015, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Hey bud welcome. Have an LS1 Zenki myself. If I may suggest the best kit I have seen first hand for these swaps is the Fueled Racing. It's a bit expensive but top notch quality. If you don't want to deal with wiring the Wiring Specialties is top notch as well....it's a beautiful harness.

The TR6060 will need a slip yoke for the Driveshaft, shortened DS, and the Sikky shifter or custom shifter relocation. Consensus is that for all out racing the T56 is better but for daily use the TR6060 is much smoother.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help and advice, I'm Assuming I'll have to get the slipyoke from a scrapyard late model camaro, then have a shop weld it to a one piece driveshaft with a flange for my diff? I've been mostly doing research on t-56's since they are the most common trans to use. I will be contacting american powertrain and sikky about the best way to go for my shifter as well. But I did buy the tr6060, since i got a smoking deal on it. It's brand new and included slave cylinder, all sensors, as well as a really damn nice shifter. I also bought c6 oem headers and exhaust, brand new LS7 clutch, and a new centreforce flywheel this week. Should be a nice daily street setup. As soon as I get the time I'll be starting up a build thread, this build is finally getting real! Oh and I'm doing the wiring myself, and I already have daft mounts
Old 11-25-2015, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Nice setup. Yes everyone that I have seen use the TR6060 has used the Sikky shifter since it relocates it right in the spot we need. Dont hold me to this but I believe the Slip Yoke is the Spicer 1330 Series 31 spline unit. If you havent ordered the DS yet have them install it while making it. If not i have seen people use the Sikky DS, have it shortened, and have the shop setup the Spicer Slip Yoke on it.

And one more piece of advice...some fuel kits and/or people choose to use the Russell Quick Disconnect Type Fittings when setting up their fuel system...DO NOT use them. They can pop off under high fuel pressure demand. Use the Screw on Type.

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p327...on_slip_y.html
https://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=201&catid=13

Use the bottom Screw On Type:
http://www.jegs.com/p/Russell/Russel...19594/10002/-1
Old 11-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Teching In

i dont post anything on here. just been lurking.

but i have a zenki with an ls3 and tr6060...i could not find one person running the tr6060 in a 240, only lots of talk about it. i did manage to get mine up and running with it. for my drive shaft, i just took the measurements and told the shop what trans and rear i had and they built me one. its going to be aluminum for the splicer part and need a plate to bolt to the trans that they shop should have or can get. and then my shifter im just running a MGW for a 5th gen camaro and made it work, but i had to cut about 2 inches back...but it does fit perfect with the console and shift boot on. and i had to make the transmount cause no one has one for tr6060 into a 240
Old 11-28-2015, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Any pics of the work? Considering selling my T56 and going Magnum.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes pics please

Quick Reply: LS Swapping my S14