Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey fellas

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey fellas

Been creeping on here for a while getting information. Building a 6.0 at the moment for my 1989 Camaro. Thanks for all the help in advance!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

oh a thirdgen huh?

is a daily driver? If so the route is obvious to me: 4l60 TT

If you are on a budget put together a mostly stock engine, buy an extra engine, and build a budget twin or single setup. The heart of the daily driven 3800lb vehicle is it's transmission, so buy a great pro-built automatic or similar trans with proven daily driver performance status. Along with a mostly OEM engine, you will have a very high mileage cap as long as you are reasonable with the boost and tune, without the heart ache of trying to build something hot from scratch you could very well wind up with a valuable second engine sitting on the floor for ten years or more, which will only accumulate in value, especially since you never really opened it up, and it isn't just a bucket of parts.

btw pic in the avatar is a 2-piece coming out of a thirdgen

Last edited by kingtal0n; 01-12-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going autoX/weekend cruiser. Got a lot of the suspension already done. The 6.0 I got ls3 heads and scat rods and Weisco pistons. All arp studs for mains and heads so far. Still very undecided on trans though.

Quick Reply: Hey fellas