Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

1st LS Build Going in Disco Nova

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st LS Build Going in Disco Nova

Good Day. I was CONVINCED to sell my perfectly running 377 (Destroked 400SBC) in order to fund a LS build. I have acquired a LQ4 out of a 2004 Denali. I figured I'll be asking you guys lots of questions, as I've been a GEN I'er all the way up until now. I look forward to hashing it up with you all
Old 02-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Teching In

welcome to the site take lots of pic's and make a build thread or put them in a Album on this site
Old 02-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Hey Mr. Chevy,

Good luck with the swap.. Sucks to hear about your 400sbc .. It's like they say ' no risk no reward' haha. I think you made a great decision. !!! Can't wait to see it
Old 02-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys. Yeah, I kinda jumped out there with this. I'm hoping I'm not shooting myself in the foot with this. Many ask why did I sell a perfectly good running motor for a similar motor that isn't built yet. Well, it's winter here in Michigan, not much to do for a summer-loving guy like me, and I get to bring the Nova out this spring better than ever.

I'm nervous about the tune though. I don't know much about LS motors. I'm going carb for sure, that should lessen the hit to my wallet and should be easier to tune I'm assuming. I suspect I'll be visiting this site often!

LQ9 block and now LS3 heads! Anybody know a HP estimate?

Quick Reply: 1st LS Build Going in Disco Nova