Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greeting from the Kuwaiti Desert...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 06:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greeting from the Kuwaiti Desert...

Yet another poor lost soul who will be surfing away the hours, researching and digging for any info that will help in the procurement and build up of my poor worn out 22 year old Jeep... BTW I'm currently stuck in the desert of Kuwait for about a year, so I think I will wind up breaking my credit cards while I'm here...lol
Currently my plan is to pick up a 5.3 or 5.7, attempt to keep my current AX-15 and NP231j behind that. Axels are still to be determined, but in a pinch I can dig up an 8.8 for the rear end, though I would rather go up on matching Dana 44s or even one tons, but that will depend on what I can find, and my own mediocre fabrication skills.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and thanks in advanced for answering any of my uneducated questions...
Old 02-12-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My daughter is in 82nd and is in Iraq right now, but has been in / out of Kuwait too. I've seen LS dropped into Jeeps, really dropped into everything haha. Cheers. Good luck over there and good luck with the build
Old 02-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Quick update, scored a rear Dana44 for the project and new disk brakes are on the way...
Have a few leads on 5.7's that won't break the bank, what kind of wiring issues can I expect if I can't score a complete wiring harness? What about PCM? Any aftermarket units that work well? Any insight would help
Old 02-26-2016, 02:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RJDio
My daughter is in 82nd and is in Iraq right now, but has been in / out of Kuwait too. I've seen LS dropped into Jeeps, really dropped into everything haha. Cheers. Good luck over there and good luck with the build
RJDio - any of the 82nd up north of my location get to come to me to go home, I'm the guy that clears their customs forms...loll
That and I spent six years with the 82 back before 9-11
Old 02-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Reddit helped me pass a lot of time over there...like most of it lol

Quick Reply: Greeting from the Kuwaiti Desert...