Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2002 Ls1 with 4l60e torque tub. shift issues

Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Ls1 with 4l60e torque tub. shift issues

Well it's has been some time since I was on this site. It sure helped me a lot then and I am hoping it helps again. I started a build 11 years ago. Yes I know I am slow. 36 Chevy truck from ground up. We installed a ls1 with 4l60e tranny to include the original torque tube from corvette complete with rear suspension. We fit everything about 3 years ago and it was drove about 30 miles before we tore down for powder coat and paint. Reassembled everything including interior. Backed out of garage and started down the road to find it would not shift from first gear. No noise or anything. Just no shift (unless) I come to first manually and shift back up then it seems to go into 2nd. As I stated reverse works fine. So we dropped the pan and changed all solenoid Based on reading about common issues with 4l60e we thought this might be the problem. Buttoned everything back up and still same issue last night.

I really do not think it's an issue wit the trans at this point. Especially since it drove fine before tear down for paint. I did have a guy that worked on the wiring and changed out the ECM because he thought it was bad but it was simple a wore issue. Even though the ECM that was installed was reflashed by Street and Performance so either ECM should have been good.

Another issue could be the harness I purchased 10 years ago from fast wiring had to be lengthened since they did not sale a harness for trans with torque tube we looked at wiring and do not see an issue.It was fine before tear down for paint and nothing really was changed or damaged. But not certain. This is a small cab truck and we have everything tucked under the dash. It's gonna be a bear to tear back apart. I am hoping someone can help me identify a problem with tearing everything apart again.

Can anyone tell me how I can test at trans to see if my wiring is ok? Also is there a possibility that the PCM could be bad. Can anyone help me understand how the PCM and ECM in a 2002 LS1/4l60e drive by wire should work? This may sound ignorant but in this model is the PCM built into the ECM? What would be recommended to check first. And please don't say take it somewhere else. Tried that, have the receipts and still didn't work (remember the guy that replaced the ECM). So I'd rather do it myself if it takes me more time and cost me more. In the end I will know how it works or doesn't. Myself and a helper has done the entire build including paint. I don't want to just pay someone else to do it (would mind paying for some help).

I know this is a long post but I needed to tell the whole story to get to where I am. Hopefully someone can help a frustrated old man.

Thank you https://ls1tech.com/forums/images/sm...ech/gr_sad.gif
Old 03-31-2016, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help guys. Replaced solinoids. Still no change. Changed ECM tnight. No change? Runs fine with no noise. Just will not shift?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Ls1 with 4l60e torque tub. shift issues