Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

B-Body & LS Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B-Body & LS Enthusiast

Greetings everyone.

I'm in the Virginia Beach area. I currently own a 96 Impala that is itching for a heart transplant. I'm looking at my options right now (5.3, 6.0, NA, Forced Induction, etc). The Impala forums have a lot of info from guys who have done the swap but I know there's more out there to be had. I welcome any advice people have to offer. I've had G-bodies and F-bodies as well over the years. But there's something about a 4-door grocery-getter that can run a quarter mile respectfully and still take the family on vacation that I enjoy.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcome.
I too have a 94 Impala SS. It's getting a LS3 swap this winter as well. It's already LTx 383 24x swap.
But the impalassforum will be the best info. Also KW baraka is on here and there frequently. His swap turned out great.

But for the best swap kit, look at Muscle Rods kits. Complete kit from mounts to headers. That's what I'm going with. I talk to them every year at LSFest and by far, still the most complete kit at very good prices.
The harness will be the troublesome part. Current performance offers a repin of yours. The B-body must be repinned.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! I've read the LS Swap sticky probably a dozen times before I even started looking at doing it. There are some nice swaps out there, that's for sure. I'll check out Muscle Rods too. I was on the fence for a while between going LS or doing a Guillaume twin turbo LT build up. But given the availability and price of LS parts these days, it seems like a no-brainer.

I can redo the harness. That's not a big deal to me personally. Actually I plan on doing it during my downtime at work of all places......I've found some potential candidates at the yards near me. Just need the rain to halt so I can go out to the pick and pull.

Quick Reply: B-Body & LS Enthusiast