Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

00' mustang gt ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00' mustang gt ls1 swap

Hey everyone I just joined the site and wanted some feedback on doing a ls1 swap into a 2000 mustang gt. I was considering going with either a 5.3 with a 4l60e or I'll go with a 5.7 4l60e. I've already started a list and just need a little feedback on if I'm going in the right direction. By the way I'm doing the most basic swap possible and then I'll consider mods once I get the motor in. What problems will I run into while doing the swap? Like any radiator, power steering, brake booster? Or will the swap be easy.
Ls1 computer
Ls1 motor mounts
Aje Cross member
Gas cable
throttle cable
Wire harness
Custom Driveshaft
Ls1 Intake
Inline Walbro fuel pump Corvette fuel filter/regulator
Dynatech ls1 swap headers
Old 10-12-2016, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

if u do aje crossmember likenwe did order from aje not summit because summit sent me the wrong one. they have it listed online for our year but actually it is to narrow and they will not pay shipping back and want to charge a ripoff fee for restock ive argued ten times with them that they have it listed wrong and they admitted its wrongnbut wont tske it back without fees . i called aje and they sent me one that summit said was on backorder for a month and guess what it fit like a glove **** u summit
Old 10-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
if u do aje crossmember likenwe did order from aje not summit because summit sent me the wrong one. they have it listed online for our year but actually it is to narrow and they will not pay shipping back and want to charge a ripoff fee for restock ive argued ten times with them that they have it listed wrong and they admitted its wrongnbut wont tske it back without fees . i called aje and they sent me one that summit said was on backorder for a month and guess what it fit like a glove **** u summit
Ok thanks for the heads up. So you did this swap to your mustsang as well? You mind sharing your set up ?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Teching In

And do you have the direct link to aje?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

swap os only about a month ahead of u i just ordered a lot of parts first i hate needing parts and having to stop like with the k member but i actually just called aje directly very nice ppl and it was fast its not my car its my wifes its a 02 gt 6.0 rectangke port motor with single turbo setup i did build my s10 tho so some of the stuff is the same th400 tranny in ours no extra electronics wanted built the harness from a 5.3 harness to standalone mostly been engine work so far to make it live under boost
Old 10-12-2016, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

i know some.companies make drop in units for the tank to convert it to return style but im doing all that myself dual in tank stealth 340 pumps just like my truck

Quick Reply: 00' mustang gt ls1 swap