Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS. GTO to square body Chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS. GTO to square body Chevy truck

Thanks for allowing me to join. I have been tinkering with chevies for quite some time and attempting my first LS swap into old school (mid 80s) Chevy truck. I have purchase a complete GTO for the swap and am looking to use as much from the donor as possible. Though some here might have successfully made this swap.

All help is appreciated and, I look forward to being an active participant here!
Old 12-09-2016, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Need more info. There are big differences between 2004 and the next two years of GTO. Also manual vs auto will make a difference. There are tons of other little details. The more info you give, the more you can get.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Silverado into squarebody is lot easier as most stuff will transfer over. I'm uncertain on gto oil pan but I think you be changing it out. I have done mine using Silverado. I bought shorty headers and mounts off ebay. It fell in place really easy. Get yourself a fuel sender unit for 87 C10 put newer Silverado pump on it and that works well. Get pump same year as donor engine. Some have regulator built in and others don't. Lt1Swap.com has great wiring info. Also facebook has Ls squarebody that's great source info.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:05 AM

Thank you gametech and 76larkman!

Quick Reply: New to LS. GTO to square body Chevy truck