Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Maine

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Maine

A Subaru Senior master tech by day and an old school Chevy guy the rest of the time, I'm new to the LSX stuff but learning quickly. I'm swapping a 2004 5.3 truck engine and a 4L60E into my 1965 C10 frame off project of 7 years now. My pcm is out for reflash and I'm almost done reworking my harness, I will be setting the engine/trans in the frame soon, I have a choice of two intakes first is stock LM7 with 2 fuel lines, 3 bolt throttle body, second is supposed to be 2004 5.3 from a express van, 4 bolt throttle body and it looks a lot like a TBSS intake and has a single fuel line system, I will be using a Vortex T rex inline fuel pump, I would like to run the single line fuel system if possible because my fuel tank only has one line on the sender and not much room for another to be added. Another problem using the 4 bolt throttle body is the wiring is different, 4 bolt has 6 pins, 3 bolt has 8, any input is much appreciated.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome Scotty ! start a thread in conversions and hybrids , all the guys that have done it before you will answer any questions you come up with.

Title your thread something like "5.3/4l60 into 65 C10 fleetside , toss a couple pics in there and away you go.

Quick Reply: New guy from Maine