Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

All the way from Belgium - LT1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool All the way from Belgium - LT1 swap

Hi guys

My name is Dieter, 35 years of age, from Belgium and obsessed with cars. My grandfather had a concession for VW, Audi & Porsche. My father went on to do something else but the carbug was passed on to me.

2 years after i started earning money i was able to go after my first dream; build my self a trackday car. After much consideration i went with Japan > Nissan 200sx S13. I bought a standard one and fully converted to a racecar.
After that i bought another one because i knew everything about it so i wanted one for the road aswell.

Couple of years later i was gifted an Audi 80 which had been sitting for 16 years. Fixed it up and decided i wanted another one but this time with the most powerful NA-5 cilinder engine. Would have loved a real quattro but couldn't afford one so i got the Coupe GT.

But the reason i registered here is because the last car i bought was a Chevy Caprice hearse with a 5.7 LT1 engine. I want to do an engine swap mostly because i want to learn how to weld and some basic fabrication.

Here you can see my collection:
All the way from Belgium - LT1 swap-6cwbeh8.jpg
Old 01-08-2017, 04:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 468 Likes on 352 Posts

Nice looking collection and garage there Dieter! So - what type of engine do you want to swap into which car?
Old 01-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Plan is to swap the LT1 into my trackday car which i'm converting into a leisure driftcar.

Now i had the 4 cilinder with a topmount T3 turbo, at 4000 rpm the boost comes up and at 5000 rpm i achieved 333 bhp.

But i want to change because i'm simply asking way too much from the engine, it's constantly working at 80% of it's capacity and that causes a lot of headaches. If i can have a V8 in it where you are asking a lot less from the engine i will have increased reliability. Plus a lot less expenses. I'll only be doing basic bolt on modifications.

But i need to get some good info on what to do and what not to do. Also i want to know more about the cam's and tappets.

I also got the manual transmission covered, it's a gearbox from a BMW 535 diesel which is one of the preferred gearboxes in Sweden where they do high power projects. The gearbox can handle a lot of violence and because you can find it everywhere it's dirtcheap (only 80 USD).
Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

You'll get some guidance from folks on this site.....but most of the chatter going on here has to do with the Gen III and Gen IV "LS" series Chevys - not the old school Gen II small block that's in your hearse.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Welcome to the site.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 200 sx=5.3 AL GEN-IV

Hi Dieter, I was close to your location in April, I was on the Rhine, Main, and Danube river for thirty days.
My most favorite stop was at the Tesla Museum wherein I had a true Shocking Experience.
I manufacture Ignition Coils, ECUs, Fuel Pumps, etc.

I would fit a GEN-IV 5.3 AL block engine (2006+) as they are "dirt" cheap.

I am here in the states, So Cal, where we have many drift cars (240sx's), many whom use my products.
I too have many customers in your area of the world.
Do you know Jari Laine "Jala" from Finland ?
He owns a Ford Pantera.

I you want my help, just ask.

Lance
Old 01-10-2017, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Suspect the "dirt" is not as cheap over there as it is over here...
Old 01-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Well i'm sure some members will be able to help me as there will be similarities between the engines and people who have had these engines in the past might want to share their experiences

American motors are new to me so i'll be taking it slow. First of all i'm going to get to know the motor by not taking it out yet but just tinker with it so i can understand how it needs to be set up. After that taking a closer look on how to take everything apart.

@Pantera EFI; well i'm not considering buying parts from the states because import tax makes it very expensive so i have to rely on companies here in Europe that import by containerloads. I'm not familiar with Jari Laine - i love Finland but never been there.

Quick Reply: All the way from Belgium - LT1 swap