Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from northwest INDIANA

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from northwest INDIANA

I'm brand new to this site so here goes. I'm building a 1939 chevy truck with a LS 5.3 aluminum block and not to sure what trans.I do have a 700r4 laying around. I put a mustang 2 in the frt and a 4 link in the rear shorten the frame 2 foot. I'm new to the LS so if there is any thing to watch out for please let me know good ways and bad ways
Is 799 heads ok or should replace them. I guess i will have to learn how the fuel system from scratch. Whats better drive by wire or drive by cable. I got a lot to learn
Old 02-04-2017, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbike1
I'm brand new to this site so here goes. I'm building a 1939 chevy truck with a LS 5.3 aluminum block and not to sure what trans.I do have a 700r4 laying around. I put a mustang 2 in the frt and a 4 link in the rear shorten the frame 2 foot. I'm new to the LS so if there is any thing to watch out for please let me know good ways and bad ways
Is 799 heads ok or should replace them. I guess i will have to learn how the fuel system from scratch. Whats better drive by wire or drive by cable. I got a lot to learn
Welcome, from Northwest indiana also. If your looking to learn, your came to the right place. Therei s a mountain of information on this site. 799 or 243'(basically the same) heads are a great budget friendly upgrade. They are usually good for 15hp over stock 241 heads. They are also a great head choice for an aftermarket cnc program. I myself sent my 243s to advanced induction and have been very happy. Frankenstein, TEA , and TSP are all good choices as well. You could also just keep them as is. Just throwing out some ideas that might benefit you in the long run. For throttle bodies, i stuck with DBC. The swap to DBW wasn't worth the hassle. Plus DBC seemed to have better throttle response. Maybe it's just me. Last bit of advice is to read, and read. Then read some more. Lol. There are some very talented people on this site that are willing to help. I owe most of my knowledge to this site over the years. Take it easy

Last edited by black sky; 02-04-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Hello from northwest INDIANA