Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from ny

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from ny

Hey what's going on everyone. My name is Dave I'm from Staten Island. I have a 91 trans am 305 tbi 90k auto t-tops. I've viewed a bunch of threads on here before actually signing up. I feel like I'll be very happy that I did with all the knowledge everyone has. A little background on myself. I'm 29 I'm a plumber by trade. Cars are my passion. I wouldn't call myself an expert but I'm fairly good at 12v electronics and owned a stereo shop for sometime. Ive had my trans am since I was 17 and used it as a daily for about 5 years on and off . Ive had it stored since because I didnt have the heart to sell it. Now im working a consistent Job, have a great woman by my side who isnt scared to get dirty. So I decided what better time than now to build the car that Ive dreamt of since I was a child.

Im looking into building a turbo 5.3 or 6.0 ( because of the cast iron block )
I understand how cams work torque converters etc. But Im not sure how to find the right combo for application ( I guess I dont understand them to well then )

Through the site I learned ls9 cam is the best bang for my buck.
Ls9 head gaskets and APR head studs are a good recommendation because of the turbo.

Though I dont have the motor in possession, they aren't to hard to come by. Im the type of guy who'd rather do it once & be done with it which is why Im asking you ladies and gentlemen for your input before I start making any major moves and buy any unnecessary parts and waste money.

Thank you all in advance,
Dave

Quick Reply: Hello from ny