Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2012 genesis coupe swap project

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 genesis coupe swap project

Hi I'm Matt doing an ls swap on my genesis as the motor went. Hopefully I get allot of help with learning and help pin finding deals on parts I need it is a budget build. Thank you ahead of time for any help.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother has a Genesis Coupe 2.0T, pretty nice cars. You might want to try joining one of the Genesis Coupe forums or the GenCoupe? facebook group if you haven't already. From my understanding with talking to him a LS swap is a lot of money just for all the adapter parts you need much less the engine, trans, ECU, wiring, etc... If it's a 2.0T you'll probably be better off getting a BKII short block from a '13+ car and making a new motor to put in, if it's a 3.8 probably better off with another 3.8 but I'm not sure if the BKI and BKII 3.8 are as compatible as the 2.0 are. Not trying to discourage as a LS swapped Gen Coupe is awesome, but from what I know you're easily looking at $10-20K to get it done and that doesn't exactly say budget build to me.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely thought of keeping it original. Just want to go a different route going with an lq4 and t56 trans just on a budget right now because I have another project on the last stretch. My 70 chevelle ss with a big block. This car is my wife's driver I got for her and she wants more power and eventually some boost. Seen the price of most everything I need at least the larger bits. Trouble sourcing at56 out of an f body tho that doesn't break the bank. This will be my first ls build I have put together earlier styled gm but I really want to Kerri the car efi
Old 05-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's someone among the Genesis groups that's done a turbo LS swap, rather as to how well documented it is I can't say but you should be able to find some information on it. I don't recall seeing it around here but that doesn't mean anything either.

Quick Reply: 2012 genesis coupe swap project